Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing Mom On Mother's Day

My Mother, Margaret Anne, died over 36 years ago and hardly a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her.

She was so excited when we adopted her first grandchild and was wild about him. She died the day after his second birthday and was only 49 years old, I was only 24.

We missed having a Mom and Grandmother. There are still things I would love to ask her, things I don't remember from when I was a kid, things I would love advise about, the ability to tell her something her grandson has done, share a joke and a good laugh, another lesson on how to make a flaky pie crust, and the ability to tell her I loved her.

Sometimes, I feel I never got the chance to apologized enough for being a snotty teenager and so disrespectful. Sometimes I think I didn't have an example of how to age, how to be a strong women, how to love unconditionally, how to grow older, how to deal with all the stuff that has happened since her death.

My father was a pilot in the Air Force and gone from home quite a bit. The constant in our lives growing up was our Mother. She was always there with discipline, encouragement, stability, faith, unconditional love, joy, so much humor and love of life.

When I see children being so mean and hateful to their mothers, it just breaks my heart. I would take that mom and not have to live with the emptiness of being without my mom. I am 64 years old and still would love to have a hug from Mom.

God Bless you Mom and I Love You!

Anne