Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dwayne, thanks for your reply. Yes, I sort of knew Bentley was safe but as you say, it was a bit of a scare and when I am as tired as I am...I tend to react rather than respond.

Your remarks to Kay are sooooooo right on!!

Mary

So glad Bentley is ok!! Got home from work this eve to find My old Standard Poodle, Baloo a sweet and smart dog....wandering aimlessly in the yard, at the age of 12.....yes know what is coming....she was a rescue dog that no one wanted......a long and cute story of a nurse who couldnt have kids although married at the age of 18, finally surprised to find she was pregnant at the age of 38, surprise!!! she kept getting pregnant repeatedly for 5 more yrs despite trying to have a tubal, went to the hospital that day...surprise she was pregnant again! any how she had 4 more kids and couldnt care for the dog, no one would take her!!!???? So with alot of pressure by her original mom, I took her in...for the past 5 yrs.......one of the best decisions I have ever made, a dog that would do anything she could for me.....herd cattle, horses...she can be prissy! A loving and wonderfull part of my family that I will continue to provide a great and loving home for.........until the time comes..........anyhow for today she is ok......

Anyhow alot happened today...after I digest it will fill you in later, nothing bad......but stuff that left me....pondering what I want, for my future........a stable job or............and pretending to believe in something I dont......Yes i know the proper answer .........but the answer for me????? For some reason am not stressed about this.......actually, I know what the answer is....Dave

Thanks, Dave. I don't like those little reminders our pets give us. Bentley hesitates before leaping into the car...I know it is that he is aging though I see 4-6 more years...I hope. Our last dog was a reject thrown away at the dump from a moving truck that our neighbor watched. He then picked up 16 week old Buffy and we had him 14 years....I know it is hard to lose these family members...I try, like you, not to ponder it often.

I also know how you feel about future...que sera sera????

Mary