Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Panel Discusses Death Of A Parent On Npr

I listened to this today and found it helpful for everyone. Lots of good tips. The host sounds like a wise old woman. Thanks, Marty

The host of the program is Diane Rehm, a beautiful woman whose voice is affected by spasmodic dysphonia, a neurological condition that causes her speech to sound strained and makes her sound much older than she actually is. I've listened to her program on NPR for many years, and yes, she is indeed a very wise woman

The host of the program is Diane Rehm, a beautiful woman whose voice is affected by spasmodic dysphonia, a neurological condition that causes her speech to sound strained and makes her sound much older than she actually is. I've listened to her program on NPR for many years, and yes, she is indeed a very wise woman

I wondered if her voice was the result of some medical condition or age. I loved her wisdom. It does make her sound old. What a great program that was. The more I learn about death, loss, grief etc the more grateful I am that so many are out there making a difference...including you. I have never heard of her. I would assume we do not get her in Wisconsin because public radio is all I listen to and download. I will have to follow up. Maybe she is available on line. I just went to her link and see a lot of info which I will now read. Thanks for the link.

Mary

Diane Rehm is not available on radio (public or otherwise-though any radio other than public is usually not worth my time) anywhere in Wisconsin...surprising given our great public radio here. But she IS available on podcasts so I can download some of her shows to my iPod to check her out. Thanks for the tip.

Mary