Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Why Is It So Hard To Find Therapy And Be Able To Afford It

hi all ,

I am really frustrated today, i have been seeking therapy for along time now and every time i think i have found someone it just blows up in my face... I can not afford it and the government will not help people like me who are poor and really need mental health help... Anyone got ideas..

i have talked and talked to people but have not found a solution .. .Shelley

Hi, I'm sorry you've having such a rough time. In my area there are places that have grief counseling for free; I suggest trying to fine one of those. General mental health therapy is something altogether different, however. I don't think the gov't helps anyone get that for free, regardless of income, but there might be some less expensive options somewhere.

I have been reading your posts and note that I respect you very much and the fact that you keep trying to find the help that you need--keep at it. Have you contacted Catholic Charities in your area. I am not religious, however, they have licensed therapists in many areas that offer low cost and even free counseling to those that need it regardless of religious belief, social, etc... They are non-faith based counseling services from my understanding.

Good luck!

I'm sorry you can't find therapy. I have just had a visit from a grief counsellor from Cruse, the uk bereavement organisation. It was totally free. He was really good. He left me with a form to fill in for any feedback and also a paper explaining that every visit costs them £40 and asking for a contribution f I can afford it, but no pressure. I shall make a contribution as quite apart from expertise and time ere he had a drive of 25 miles to reach me. He is coming again soon. He also said to ring at any time if I need him earlier. A good experience though obviously all I need is my Pete back and no one can do that :-(