Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Cemetery Not Safe

I have been going to visit my Dad quite a bit recently as the weather is nice and I love being up there. Well this morning I heard some really bad news. It turns out there's a few people breaking into cars or just smashing their windows at the cemetery. The main gates into the cemetery are mostly locked now due to joy riders almost killing a young child racing in there some time back. An elderly man stayed by my car this morning waiting for me because he has seen this happen and seen the people, however he could not get a number plate, it's the same people all the time. One of them actually jumped around waving at him recently thinking they had smashed his car, well it was someone else's when he got out to the outside car park but they had taken off real fast in their jeep. The cops won't go near it, apparently it's happening in cemeteries all over the city and country. Security cameras were removed due to their cost.

I am beyond dis heartened by this, it's so DISGUSTING, these people do not deserver to be on this earth while my Dad is not here. Yet it doesn't look like anything can be done about it. There is no where else to park, it's off a main road on a quiet country road. So now I no longer feel safe to go up there and it was my one place of solace where I feel closest to my Dad. Maybe in time I'll go again and just hope and pray my Dad looks after me and my car, I always ask him to anyways when I go but having spoken to 2 people this morning who have witnessed this makes me truly nervous.

WHY WHY WHY, isn't it life hard enough for people who go to cemeteries. I'm So disillusioned by people,

my heart has now sunk to a new low sad.gif ,

((hugs)) to all,

Niamh

Hi Niamh,

I wish everyone their own space. Public parks and property must be respected by the people. Rev up your strength so that no body can dishearten you. You know you are doing your best and most of all your dad is always going to be there with you. Have faith.

Regards,

Kavish

thanks Kavish, I actually always ask him to mind my car and me when I go there as I often go in the late evenings because it's so beautiful and I have always been fine. It's just worrying speaking to someone who witnessed it so recently. Maybe I'll make up a professional looking anti theft camera sticker to put on the car when I am there, it might be a deterrent. tongue.gif

It's so sad that everyone going there is now making only very quick visits in an out because of this.

Niamh

Hi niamh, You sure said it, "I'm So disillusioned by people" - my truth as well -- well MOST people, that is.

I am so sorry that your peaceful time at the cemetary has been violated. What to do? I'm sorry, I don't have any suggestions, other than calling the police, cemetary owner, Counsil/Assembly member in your district, newspaper/radio station...and ask them what they think you should do. Lots of work, I know.

Is this happening only in the late evenings -- or any time of the day? Maybe going a bit earlier is safer?

You once wrote about losing the innocence of life. This is a sad truth in many regards.

Hi ,

What I do is that I don't listen to others who bring me down. That is the only way to bring myself up. I don't want to be afraid of anybody. Those are all distractions. Listen to your wavelength and all other noise will be filtered out.

Regards,

Kavish

• 4 weeks later...

hi MissNgu,

thanks for asking, unfortunately I have not been up there. Everytime I want to I think it's the "wrong time" and not early enough in the morning to avoid these people. I just wish I had never met the man who told me, ignorance is bliss as they say and I was always safe there before I knew. I'm pretty sure they are probably still happening, I really need to call the place or check with the cops (I don't even know if people reported it). I miss going up there, it was my one place of real solace. Hopefully I can get the courage to just go there over the coming weeks and trust my Dad will "mind" me while I'm there.

((hugs)) as always to you,

Niamh

x

well I've been having a really bad couple of days, tons of tears and so stressed about some tax stuff I need to do and I just had to go to visit Dad today, it's always my go to place when things get on top of me. I only stayed 10mins but I was safe. Unfortunately I spoke to one of the staff there and the vandalism/break ins are still happening so he recommended checking when there is a funeral on and going then because you can drive right into the cemetery. They are the times I run from there, having to watch another family start this journey but if it's the only safe time then I'd rather that than not go at all.

I have been very stressed about who would help me with my taxes and after calling my Dad's old accountant today (my Dad was the best of friends with his father), he couldn't even give me a good price for the work, totally dis-heartened me because I don't have the funds to pay full price, but it's the usual realisation that so few people really "help" when something actually has to be done. So after coming home from visiting Dad, trying to sort through some taxes it suddenly dawned on me that there are 2 people, one being my best friends Dad, the other being my Dad's best friend who CAN and WILL actually help me out without hesitation.I know it has to be a sign from my Dad helping me again when the **** really hits, too many coincidences with all this.

It's the smallest comfort but I needed it badly.

so thanks as always Dad wub.gif

I hope I can go visit him again soon and be safe, just glad I went today, even if for only 10 mins.

((hugs)) and thanks to you all as always

Niamh