Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sicker... It Affects Grief I Think.

ShanN

I'm sicker than a dog. Is that the saying? :(

The flu has now turned into a stomach virus. I just have it ALL! It's nearly 1am and am up sick. Is it "normal" for grief and depression etc... To be more intense when so physically sick? Uuhhhgggg I hate being alone...

And it's snowing again.

Still awake struggling, nearly 5am. Going to try to see Dr. My BP is getting quite low because of dehydration. That happens very easy for me.

Sorry you aren't feeling well. :( Sick as a dog yup, that's the saying and that was me last week. I hadn't been that sick in years. I think it's normal for everything to be amplified when you're feeling under the weather, even old injuries flare up for me, so I believe the same thing happens with grief and depression. They're wounds too.

Drink lots of water and take care of yourself, wish I was there to make you chicken soup! I hate being alone too, especially when you need someone to take care of you. Feel better soon! (hugs)

~Novi

When I am sick or having struggles, that's when I miss my husband the most...he was so good at taking care of me and encouraging me. Now there is no one to do that except here on this site. I do think it intensifies grief. Not only are you down physically, but it doesn't leave us at our best emotionally either. I hope you have a quick recovery!

Thank you Novi and KayC...

My SIL was brave enough to quickly bring my some chicken soup, Gatorade, my prescriptions, water, and a little beanie baby kitty, that resembles my precious girl, Silver... Who I lost 6years ago after 18yrs. It's so adorable.

My husband is not improving and has been moved to ICU for the meantime.

It's so hard to not be able to be there with him. I miss him. :(

I certainly am aching for my Mom and my Nana... They would care for me unconditionally. I just had a bit of a meltdown but I calmed myself down within a short while. It's hard not to be emotional. BUT, I won't feel any better physically if I get myself too worked up.

((((Gentle hugs and non-contagious ones at that)))).

God bless.

I'm sorry about your husband, I know you must be feeling all kinds of emotions. You are right to try and stay calm, concentrate on getting well so you can be there for your husband when he comes home. Thank God for your SIL!