Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Wonderful Cat, Boo

WillMc

The last few days have been hellacious for my family. I found a wonderful shelter to take one of my cats whom I couldn't keep in anticipation of a downsizing move and the same day as I was doing laundry, my other cat, Boo Boo, hopped into the dryer without my knowledge and, LORD GOD FORGIVE ME, I SHUT HER IN. My mom came running up the stairs after she found Boo Boo and I called the vet's office after she told me what had happened but it was too late. Boo Boo passed away in my mom's arms. She was a wonderful grey and white tabby, fat and loveable, I called her "the marshmallow cat," because of her size and wonderful personality. I hate what I did and losing two wonderful animals has been a hard blow in an already stressful time.

I am so sorry this awful accident happened to your cat Boo Boo. Losing two pets is as you said, a "hard blow" and losing a cat through this accident has to stir up all kinds of feelings. This happened to a good friend of mine years ago when she put clothes in the dryer, turned her back and that must have been when her cat jumped in. Like you, it was a sad sad day for her. I am just so sorry for you and your mom. Try to remember it was an accident even though you "hate what you did" you did it accidentally.

Thanks for your concern. I'm going to graduate school to become a CRC so I have a little perspective as far as blame and grief. I understand "it's not my fault, it was accident" and I don't feel guilty, just really depressed, angry and frustrated. It's like I want to pick a fight with someone but I don't know whom that would be. I loved that cat, Boo Boo, she was barely a year old and still acted like a big kitten. I pray she's in a better place.

Your depression, anger and frustration are certainly understandable. It is so difficult to lose a pet but to lose him because of an accident like this just adds to the pain. She sounds like a lovely furbaby. Do you have a picture you can post? I love the name...Boo Boo. Cute. I do believe she is in a good place...and will be waiting for you when you arrive there someday.

Here is a link to an article that might bring you some information and/or comfort. Also look for more on Marty's blog. www.griefhealingblog.com

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2012/10/a-bill-of-rights-for-grieving-animal.html#at_pco=tcb-1.0&at_si=undefined&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=3&at_tot=5

Peace to your heart,

Mary

I am so sorry for your loss! I lost a very sweet family dog when he crawled back into my van, unbeknownst to me, and was in there all day with the windows up in the summer heat. It is horrible to lose an animal in a terrible accident.

I suspect this link is to a picture of Boo Boo but it does not work. Just to let you know. Mary

That worked! Which Mary?

Hi Will, When I used the name Mary, I was signing my own name...I share that name with your Mom. Boo Boo is a beautiful cat. I am just so sorry this happened.

Mary

That picture is nice too, wow, what a climbing apparatus! I'm sure you miss Boo Boo a lot, it's very hard to lose our pets.