Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of Spouse, Etc.

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

I hope it is okay that I have posted a couple of messages because this is all new to me. Tonight when my friend took me to try and buy some presents for my family, I could barely stand being in the stores. But when I came home I did not think I was going to be able to make it. I wanted to run upstairs where my fiance would be and see him and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I could not breathe. It does not seem possible that he is gone. I cannot bear the thought of not touching him or hearing his voice. Do you all experience this too? I feel like I am losing my mind. Thank you for letting me write this. I don't know how to survive.

I am SO sorry and I feel so sad for you. All I can say is I understand how you feel. I felt like my heart and insides had been ripped out literally. I never knew before that you're could actually "hurt", mine did and does. I've lost other loved ones and I grieved but NOTHING ever effected me like this did. The pain and the thoughts are indescribable. I know this probably isn't much comfort to you right now, but I wanted to write you to let you know you are not alone in these feelings and thoughts. They are horrible and unbearable.

Vicki

Yes indeed, you feel like your heart will litterly break in two. I never thought your heart could hurt and to breath would be so hard until I lost my dear sweet husband of 46 years last Oct, 2004. This is a pain only one who has lost their other half can understand. We here understand your pain and your deep feelings of depair. All of us have been or are experienceing this or we would not be on this site. Please come often and pour out your pain, we are here to help comfort you because we have been there.

I still wonder how I have gotten thru this past year without going crazy, I still at times wonder if I am losing my mind when something sets off the tears and for a few hours again I am a basket case. What keeps me going is my children and people on these website who helped me thru the grief.

Please let us comfort you.

Grace