Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The places we were about to with our loved ones.

Guest Janka

My dear friends,

this is one of the places I was about to with my beloved man Jan.It is Casa Osvalda in Nocelle of Positano in Italy with such unforgettable see view and surrounding island of Capri.If anyone wants to do it as well,please,post it here.

Janka

Casa Osvalda 2.jpg

Casa Osvalda 26.jpg

Casa Osvalda 28.jpg

Nocelle-Positano Casa Osvalda.jpg

Casa Osvalda 13.jpg

Casa Osvalda 16.jpg

Casa Osvalda 4.jpg

Casa Osvalda 14.jpg

Positano 2.jpg

Positano 21.jpg

Positano 54.jpg

Positano 6.jpg

Janka, this is such a beautiful place. Rich and I were planning to re-new our vows for our 5th anniversary. The Amalfi Coast was a place we had always talked about going together. Now, I doubt I'll ever go there....too much pain amid all that beauty.

We were dreaming of moving to Paris, I wanted it so much and he was "why not"? The most romantic city from my point of view. I still dream of that but again, it has become another thing that I dont see the point of thinking of it anymore. Myself without him in a room with a view....

I loved Positano and unfortunately I havent visited Bratislava, my group choosed to continue to Budapest instead. Oh gosh, those old days of backpacker.

Connor and I had so very many places we'd hoped to one day travel to......we both got our full passports about 18 months ago, in hopeful preparation.  High on our list was Ireland, Scotland, Italy and Greece......all places he'd traveled to, and wanted to share with me.  I might wish to travel again someday (although finances are now dicey).....but, with whom?  He was my fellow "vagabond bohemian traveler" (his phrase)....we did go many places, but primarily within state, although we splurged on a honeymoon in the Bahamas. I cannot think of anyone who'd want to travel with me.....most all I know are couples, and I'd detest being a 5th wheel.  Another dream is dead.

I had mentioned on another thread how we had two cruises and two other trips planned and paid for prior to Deedo's diagnosis.  The last trip was a Fall Foliage Tour of New England that I booked just two weeks before our world was turned upside down.  I do need to take Deedo back to the Carribbean as we both loved that place - her the beaches and me the scuba diving/snorkelling. 

Kat - my guess is you'll find a travel buddy.  I have a couple of friends that have travelled with us as travel buddies.  It won't be the same but it will open up new adventures.  I also talked of the gal in my support group who was old enough to remember Germany during WWII.  She lost her husband in May and in October, on a whim, packed a backpack and spent three weeks traveling around the areas of her youth.  It was the first time she had been back since leaving in the early 50's.

Including the island Capri and Nocelle in Positano me and my beloved Jan were about put up to the next summer 2012,we were also close to booking the stay of carnival in Venezia in Italy like the first in the spring 2012.I´ve been there long ago.I just wanted to get back there with the love of my life who had never been there.It is the most beautiful city,the place of my dreams,I even can imagine to live there with my beloved Jan if it would has been possible,because I speak very good in Italian as I had been studying this language too.However as already Margaret said,we could be happy though in a tent,because we would be the happiest everywhere.Here are the pictures of Venezia me and my beloved one planned to go.

Janka

Venezia 21.jpg

Venezia 44.JPG

Venezia 16.jpg

Venezia 10.jpg

Venezia 12.jpg

Venezia 7.jpg

Venezia 40.JPG

Venezia 9.jpg

Venezia 8.jpg

Venezia 38.JPG

Venezia 28.jpg

Venezia 2.jpg

Venezia 15.jpg

Venezia 14.jpg

3 hours ago, Tfer said:

Janka, this is such a beautiful place. Rich and I were planning to re-new our vows for our 5th anniversary. The Amalfi Coast was a place we had always talked about going together. Now, I doubt I'll ever go there....too much pain amid all that beauty.

Dear Tfer and others!

It´s been 4 years and all of those years I also had no possibility for traveling with some of my friends who could go with me in those places near the sea I had been visiting with my beloved Jan every year,though I wanted to see them once again.You know that.One of them couldn´t as his girlfriend didn´t want me to go with and as was already said here,it would has made me "the 5th wheel" there.Another of them couldn´t as she wanted to visit Greece not Croatia and wanted to go by plane.Another one couldn´t as he had no money and had to start working again.I could go on remembering all of those reasons "why not".I just wanted to take a rest and leave to see the dearest and the most beautiful places by the sea in Croatia I had been experiencing with the love of my life and there was no one to go with.When my beloved man Jan died,I had to go on working the next day too,and every another day,all of those years...without any consultant in my grief,without any pills for sleep,without any vacation,without any family...All alone just with the best friends of mine...After all of those 4 years I myself absolutely exhausted left my work and drove off to make my dream come true.I found and paid the stay via internet through some wonderful Czech travel agency that gave me a good price for 1 person and I went out alone to Croatia.It was the best decision to do.I met many great Czech people traveling with me and many of them alone as well as me.I knew all of those places I had been visiting with my beloved Jan and knowing their Croatian language very well too,having all perfectly organized I went to see all of those places we two were the happiest in.I also found a friend there,very good girl from Czech I´m in contact with by now.I was happy again to make my dream come true and I know that my beloved Jan was happy too.

I love him...above all...for eternity...

My advice sounds:"Please,try it too.Don´t wait for someone to go with.Be happy for a while as well as I was 10 days of my dreams come true".

With love Janka

Throbbing Love Letter

58 minutes ago, Janka said:

My advice sounds:"Please,try it too.Don´t wait for someone to go with.Be happy for a while as well as I was 10 days of my dreams come true".

Dear Janka....I will hope that one day, I can be as brave as you were and perhaps venture out alone to travel.....I know my beloved Connor would be so happy to know I'd done that.....even if I could only have him with me in my heart.

You will know when the time is right if ever.  Right now I can travel to see my kids.  I'm planning on a solo trip to Utah to take Deedo back to where we were engaged and married but that will be in June or July.  

Just before his passing we were looking at The Grand Canyon hotels. I wanted to go this month. I have been there before and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to take him there. He was planning on taking me on one of his business trips to Texas. I hope some day I'll be able to travel for him.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Lindork said:

Just before his passing we were looking at The Grand Canyon hotels. I wanted to go this month. I have been there before and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to take him there. He was planning on taking me on one of his business trips to Texas. I hope some day I'll be able to travel for him.

Dear Linda!

It takes a time but I believe that one day you will be able too and your beloved one will be happy by all means.

We all are here for you.

Hugs from Janka

Purple Hearts

1 hour ago, Brad said:

You will know when the time is right if ever.  Right now I can travel to see my kids.  I'm planning on a solo trip to Utah to take Deedo back to where we were engaged and married but that will be in June or July.  

:D My dear "daddy" Brad! :D

I hope that everyone here can find a power of making decisions like that.I also hope that your solo trip to Utah with your beloved wife near you will be great and unforgettable.

PS:When I look from my window seeing outside everything so white,I can hardly believe that I was by the sea 4 months ago,but I was,because of my dream come true.

Hugs from Janka

Snowmen