Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thankful for this online site

Hi, just sitting here and wanted to express thanks to everyone for being there when the world shuts its doors.

I try to take breaks from the Internet and FB..to reconnect to " the land of reality" but reality kind of bites right now, lol.

After years of being a couple, it's awkward being alone so much now.

I have family and friends and am so thankful...but most do not understand...and that is ok..just magnifies the loneliness more at times.

Once I get my back sorted out, I will need to find some volunteer work I think...

Maintaining a home by myself is a bit daunting at times... So I try not to think too much and learn to live in the moment.

The slow pace my life has taken is teaching me patience and appreciation for the ordinary miracles of everyday life.

Thank you all for sharing your stories ..lending me your arm to lean on... As I grieve for my beloved...

Marie

image.jpeg

• Upvote 11

Marie can do relate to what you say. I have my children and grandbabies but I still feel tremendous loneliness my kids understand why I am sad but they don't understand the rest and I don't expect them to, all I can do is live in the moment lately I was being able to think alittle farther but that has stopped and boy do I know about appreciating the little this, even appreciating being blessed with another day no matter how hard it is, you are never alone in this journey.

• Upvote 3

Marie, I "get" that.......my family, and close friends care for/about me......and realize that I'm grieving. They try to understand, and be helpful.....but, with the exception of my brother's widow, most cannot comprehend the enormity of losing a beloved spouse, especially when they were taken far too soon.  I am GLAD they dont "get it".....for that would mean that those that I love would bear this indescribable pain and anguish!  I'm very grateful for all of them....but my loneliness is for my husband.....and my struggle is to find a way to deal with that, and make some sort of bearable life without him at my side......I believe, by your post, that you are doing much the same!  I wish you, and all of those in this forum, respite from pain, comfort, and a sense of hope for the future!

• Upvote 5