Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of both parents

Loss of both parents hit me hard big time.Mom passed away in October,breast cancer took her.I looked up to her all my life.Remember her great cooking and I never complained about it.I spent time with her before she passed.Then my dad died in January a week  after I turned 40.He was very good to me helping me get through life.We had something in common,both did our time in the Marines.It was a mess which I have pulled out from.My parents had a messed up will,my 3 younger brothers and I argued what we wanted.Luckily it was straightened out with help with a lawyer going to court.We were happy what we got at the end.

Terra,

I'm sorry for your losses, it's very hard losing them both so close together.  I'm glad the will was straightened out, it's so important not to have wedges between siblings over.  My mom left everything to my brother, nothing to us five girls.  We'd all been there for her all her life, I can't imagine what she was thinking, but us girls haven't held it against him, he was a wonderful son to her.  

Wishing you comfort for your sorrow.

Dad did get a military style funeral.I have the folded up flag which I had case made for it.Have the house for sale,money split 4 ways when sold.When my dad died,this song was in my mind: 

• Like 2

I'm glad his funeral went well.