Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My wife passed away on May 30, 2006. I buried her on June 3rd. We were coming up on our ten year anniversary. She was only 32 years old. So here I am, along with our 7 year old daughter, lost and numb.

I don't need sympathy or advice. Honestly, I don't know what I need. I guess I see this site as a place to say the things I'm really thinking without being judged. I don't know how often i'll stop by, but I know i'll be here from time to time expressing my feelings (which is mostly anger).

Take care,

Veeshubby

Guest PattiZ54

Veeshubby - We're glad you found us, atleast! We're all here in the same boat and if you don't want sympathy...we understand. We here can give you empathy and atleast let you know that you are not alone 'cause I know how alone you feel right now.

I lost my husband 19 months ago tomorrow and he was quite young too - Not as young as your wife. He was 46. No one that young should be gone from this earth.

There is a guy here that knows just how you feel - his name is Derek and he recently lost his wife and has a very young son he is now taking care of. I KNOW he will write you.

We are all here for you - to yell at, to vent with, to cry with you, whatever it takes to help you through this. Whether you do or don't want advice, you may get some here. We are all at different timeframes with our losses and we all have something to contribute. I will contribute this...it's a hard road to go down, but with some people by your side(that's us)you WILL get down it and I know you don't think so now, but things will get a little easier as time goes. You just remember that you have a wonderful little boy that needs you more than ever, now, and that he is suffering too. I definately think that you and Derek should talk.....

My heart goes out to you, whether you want it to or not. Please come here as often as you want or can and feel free to get angry. As I said, we've all been there! Take care or yourself and your son!!!

Patti

(Charlie 6/10/58-11/16/2004; I love & miss you, Dear!)

Veeshubby,

First of all I am so sorry that you are going through this. My wife died on April 6 of this year while we were on vacation. I have a 7 year old son. I know exactly how you feel right now and belive me I am still there. Today marks 10 weeks for me so usually Thursday's are not good days.

Right now, you won't know what you need, I still don't sometimes, what I do know, is there are a lot of people on this site that will help you. If you like to read there are a lot of books around that can help. One that I have liked the best so far is "I'm Grieving As Fast As I Can" when I started reading that book, I saw so much of what I am going through and the thoughts that were running through my mind that I now know I am not the only one out there.

If you ever want to talk, come here. If you don't want to have everyone read, you can also send a private message to anyone on this site or you can also use my personnel e-mail address which is listed on my profile. Just double click my name and you will see it. My blackberry is attached to my e-mail and it will go off when someone sends an e-mail and it is always on me.

Keep us posted on how things are going, and read the posts, there is a lot of information that will help to get through this.

My heart goes out to you and your daughter, if it wasn't for my son, I don't know how I would go on.

God bless

Derek

Veeshubby,

What you will need will change from time to time...don't feel bad about feeling angry, that's totally understandable, we've all felt it...and when we think we've made it through that stage, suddenly it erupts to surprise us again out the the clear blue. Just know that there are other people who have been through it and know the same feelings and we're here to listen and care and lend encouragement to each other. Come back whenever you feel you need to.