Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Weird Feeling In Stomach

Whiteswan

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in awhile as I've been too busy working, taking care of my son, dog, cats, worrying about money,worrying about selling the house, crying over my Mom's death, feeling angry and resentful at my sister and nephew for having lots of money and never being there in a meaningful way for my Mom, etc, etc! So basically I've been too busy spinning around in a whirlwind of a thousand different emotions and haven't had time to post here. Anyway, I've had this weird feeling in my upper stomach near my solar plexes of total emptiness, like it is sensitive there to touch, not painful per se but tender nonetheless and feels like it would if one were hungry yet I am eating fine so am not hungry. Anyone know what I mean? If I touch it there it almost feels hallow yet tender and when not touched it feels like hunger pains or an emptiness. Could this be from crying (actually sobbing) and anger? The dizziness and or lightheadedness that I posted about before left thank God! Now this! Speaking of God -- I've also been back and forth on that one too! One minute believing then next not , the next asking ( begging ) Him for help, the next telling Him off for taking my beautiful Mother, telling Him off for all the injustice in the world like people like my nephew and sister who have been blessed with lots of money yet never gave a s**t about anyone but themselves yet people who do care and love like me seem to struggle more, and on and on. So does it sound like I'm losing it or maybe it's all part of the healing process? When I go back and forth and all around with this stuff I almost feel like I need an exorcist! Any insights would help. Love to all.

Believe me, I think most of us go back and forth like that after losing a loved one. It is perfectly normal. I am no doctor, but it sounds like if you have been crying a lot, you have probably strained the muscle in that area and that is what you are feeling. I can remember a similar feeling the day that Karen died. Now the emptiness I feel is in my heart. As far as God, it is ok to be mad at him and yell at him, he is all powerful and can take it. Let your anger out, bottling it up inside will only hurt you. Just remember this, God doesn't give you more than you can handel as long as you depend on Him to get you through this. I also take comfort in believing that there is a reason for him taking our loved ones the main thing that I see as it relates to Karen is several months after her death, the company she worked for god rid of that department and laid off about 400 people, her boss quit before that so I know she would have lost her job of 21 years. She would not have handeled that very well, we would have had to file bankruptecy and even that may not have worked with the saliries I am making and what she made. I ended up filing anyway, but the only reason it has gone through is because of her death.

I am so sad to hear that you have family like what you described, unfortunatey, it seems the good ones die first. People just get so hung up on wealth and money and property that they don't see the real world. Just remember what it says in the Bible "It is far easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get to heaven" They are building their treasures here on Earth where thieves cqan steal, metal can rust etc... Us that try to do good and help where possible, we are building our treasure in Heaven where it can't be stolen or rust. Just believe in Christ turn your life over to him and ask for forgiveness of your sins and your are guareeteed a place in Heaven. My thoughts and prayers are with you. And I pray that God will give you some peace.

Whiteswan,

I agree with Derek, that you may have strained that area. I have felt that before too and usually after sobbing. But if it keeps up, you might want to have it checked. (I know! That's the last thing you want to hear!)

I have yelled at God too. I don't have much faith in anything anymore most days. I'm sorry your family is not much help. People can sure surprise you when all this happens! But I always believe that what goes around comes around, so they may be in need someday and have no one too. Then they'll know what it feels like.

Hang in there,

Hugs,

Shell

You might try putting a little Icy Hot on that area. I use it and it helps, especially for strains or aches.

Thanks to both of you. I think you're right. I noticed today that I have a lot of gas rolling around in my stomach so maybe that is causing the feeling too and maybe the gas is from gulping air between sobs? Reading your encouraging words brought tears to my eyes again -- tears of gratitude and tears because I realized that they are words of truth. I had a dream a little while ago where my Mom told me there is a God, Jesus is real and that what we are in on earth is like a refinery -- that what happens to us refines us so that we grow in spirit. That was it then I woke up. So maybe I'm being "refined" but it sure hurts like h*ll!!! I think I just have to put my sister and nephew out of my mind -- they certainly have put my son and I out of their minds --ie-- my sister only calls to tell me she needs aother copy of the DVD I made for my Mom's memorial as she is delivering them to everyone who requested a copy ( a lot of relatives) and I haven't heard from my nephew since my son's birthday party on August 15th! So they have certainly put me out of mind! My sister never asks how I'm doing or if the finances are okay, etc. Oh well, I guess they'll get it all back but I don't see it happening now as they seem to just prosper and be fine. thanks all for listening and encouraging me . Love to all.

Whiteswan,

What a great dream! That must have given you such a sense of relief, I know I would feel that way. I wish my dad would send me a "message" like that!

I have a friend (I should say EX friend) who I have dropped since my dad died, as she offered me absolutely no support at all. We had been friends for over 30 years and I certainly have been there for her, so she is history as far as I'm concerned. It reminded me of your sister and nephew. Some people just don't have the heart, depth of emotions, or whatever you want to call it, to care about others. But I do believe they get theirs somewhere along the line. Just take care of you and your son and let them fend for themselves!

Hugs,

Shell