Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing Her

hi my name is andrea and 3 years ago this july my sister lisa died she died through alchol she was 30 years old when she died. and i still feel guilty about enjoying myself she left 2 beautiful kids 1 of her daughters live with me but when i go to family partys i still feel guilty for enjoying myself so i dont i go and sit somewhere quiet til its time to go home i still walk down the street and if i see anything nice i say to myself look lisa look what your missing all because you wanted a drink im still very annoyed with her for dieing sometimes i think to myself if she was here now i dont know what i would do smack her or wrap my arms around her and kiss her i would like to know if any 1 else has felt like this thankyou andreaxx

I feel the same way. My 22 year old little brother died a couple of months ago. He was drinking and doing other recreational drugs from what Ive heard at a party on memorial weekend and him and his friends decided to go take their motorcycles out to go show off. He was going so fast and his reflexes were slow from drinking that he just didn't make a turn around the curved road they were riding on and hit a tree in front of someone's house. I was just so ANGRY with him for dying. For drinking and going out on his bike, for even having a bike when. I just think that we didn't even get a chance to get angry with him and then still have him to love. He didn't even get a chance to grow up. I know what you mean when you say you just want to slap them and then hug and kiss them. I know.

And every day now the family wants to do things like throw parties for every occasion which we never did before and make reasons to get together all the time to do fun stuff. I feel guilty also and get angry sometimes at them because I feel like they just act like he was never even here and nothing happened. Every1 just tells me that people grieve differently. I know eventually we are supposed to go on normally, that's what they would want, but It's not easy to shut off these feelings.

I haven't lost a brother or sister, but i lost my wife. I feel the same way as far as the feeling guilty for having a good time. I know in my heart that Karen wants me to be happy and to enjoy life. It is hard to shut off those feelings but it will come with time. As it gets closer to 4 months for me it is becoming a litle easier to have a good time without feeling guilty, but at the same time I do remember her and what she would be doing in the same situation. God will get us through this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am sorry very sorry for all your losses and can not imagine how you are all feelin at this time of your lives. May God bless you and give you strength in this time of need.I too have not lost a sibling but I lost my parents who I lived with for forty years. I did everything for them when they got older. So I really can not imagine losing a sibling but I had two adults who as they got older were totally dependent on me. I am sending you All a great big hug and I will pray you All get through this. Take care All Shelley

• 1 month later...

hi my name is andrea and 3 years ago this july my sister lisa died she died through alchol she was 30 years old when she died. and i still feel guilty about enjoying myself she left 2 beautiful kids 1 of her daughters live with me but when i go to family partys i still feel guilty for enjoying myself so i dont i go and sit somewhere quiet til its time to go home i still walk down the street and if i see anything nice i say to myself look lisa look what your missing all because you wanted a drink im still very annoyed with her for dieing sometimes i think to myself if she was here now i dont know what i would do smack her or wrap my arms around her and kiss her i would like to know if any 1 else has felt like this thankyou andreaxx

Hi Andrea,

I have not lost a sibling or twin but I just wanted you to know that the people that use this website are here for you and will pray for you or just listen if you need a friend... I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to help you with anything you need to get through this rough time God Bless You Shelley