Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I'm Back ! ! !

Hi all! I left last Wednesday, and came back home on Friday. It was a very tiring trip. My daughter and I drove to Springerville, AZ, about 5 - 5 1/2 hours away, and didn't get there until late Wednesday (Oct 4th).

I met up with my best friend, and we drove out to her house. She was so good to me. She encouraged me to talk all I wanted about my Mom. I could say anything and everything to her, and that was nice. Then Thursday morning, I had my doctor's appt.

They drew blood to test my TSH levels (I have been hypothyroid for the last 7 years). I asked him about depression, and he said I still have another year left of this! We went back to my friend's house and everyone was tired, so we all took a nap.

I got up early Friday, and came back home. I was so anxious to get home. I enjoyed my time with my friend, but I really felt the need to get back home. By the time I got home, the doctor's office had called, and said my TSH levels were too high, and he raised my dosage of synthroid. IT EXPLAINED SO MUCH ! When my levels are too high, I get tired, listless, no energy, depressed...just like depression over Mom's death. So I am being dealt a double whammy...not only does my body feel run down because of my thyroid, I am also run down because of the depression!

I have been trying to write since I got back on Friday, but I couldn't. All I could do was read what everyone had been writing. I am so run down from the trip! It was nice to get away, but it was even better coming home.

I hope everyone is doing well. I missed everyone, and reading the posts, and all!

Take care, and thanks for being there!

Sincerely,

Kim

Kim,

I am glad you are back and you had a safe trip. Well at leasst you have some answers to the reason why you have been feeling the way you have. It is so good to hear that you have a good friend that you can talk to openly about your loss, all of us need at least one person that we can talk to face to face. I have found that MSN Messenger works real well for this sometimes, because you get an instant reply instaed of having to wait. I am also on vacation in South Carolina for this week and have internet access so that I am not too disconnected from here. I can't stand to be away for more than a couple of days. Get some good sleep tonight so you will feel better in the morning.

Derek

Kim,

Welcome back and YES, we missed you! I'm so glad your trip went well and that you had a good talk with your friend. And, as Derek said, you know why you have felt so lousy physically. It is a double whammy! When my dad was sick and I was taking care of him, I got the flu, so I know that double whammy feeling! Get lots of rest.

Hugs,

Shell

Hi Derek and Shell:

Thanks for the posts. I haven't been able to log on lately...I just haven't felt like using the computer. My mind seems to be elsewhere! And I am sorry for not posting in a while. I am starting to feel a little better, and that is good, but still not up to par.

Hope you enjoy yourself on your trip Derek, and drive careful!

I did find out that my friend is a really good one. We talked about my Mom and her Grandmother, as much as we both felt we needed to.

Hope everyone is doing better. I will check out the other posts and see what has been happening lately! I feel like I have been gone forever.

Thanks for being there. I appreciate it very much, and feel bad for not answering sooner!

Thanks again,

Kim