Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What Does This Feature Do Exactly?

Maylissa

Although I've utilized most of the features provided on this board at one time or another, I have to admit to having been reluctant to click on the 'Mark all posts as read' feature at the bottom of the main board....cuz I'm not entirely sure what it will do or if it will do anything immediately or not....but lately I've been thinking that it might save me some time ( now that I'm so fatigued all the time again ), so I'm now asking....what exactly does it do, practically-speaking, and when?

Hi Maylissa,

At the top of the main page, on the right, you'll see several links:

Admin CP · My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · 0 New Messages

Clicking on the View New Posts link enables you to see a list of all the posts that have appeared since your last visit to the site. As you read each post, using your "back" feature, you can keep returning to the "View New Posts" list until you've read all the posts on the list. Once done, go to the top of the page and click "Mark all forums as read and return to index." This simply removes the list of new posts on the "View New Posts" page.

Alternatively, when you click on the "Mark all posts as read" feature on the main page, the same thing happens. All the new posts on the "View New Posts" page will be removed from the list. No harm is done -- all the posts still appear in each of the forums and nothing is "lost."

Also, note that on the main page, when there is a new post in a forum, there's a blue button on the left next to that forum that is highlighted. Once you click on the "Mark all posts as read" feature, the blue button reverts to its original state.

I hope this makes sense -- if not, let me know . . .

Marty,

Huh!...well strangely, the site controls seem to already do this automatically ( I use the 'View New Posts' feature, and 'back' button, all the time as it is ), w/o me having to click the other button. If I've already read them, then return later, the ones I've already read don't reappear...only newer ones since my last visit. But thanks for letting me know! I'll have to see if clicking it makes any difference then, in how it seems to be working anyway.

Hi Maylissa,

Thank you for posting this question, It was one I also wanted to know the answer too.. Take care and Thanks again Shelley

Hi Marty T,

Thank you for providing the information that Maylissa asked about... Take care Shelley