Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing My Dear Shamrock

STARKISS

Hi All,

It has been two weeks since my brother's dear Shamrock died, I keep telling myself that it was for the best because Shamrock was so sick... Shamrock was a most beautiful parrot and I loved him so..... I am feeling guilty for not feeling as bad as I should because I have other animals that are still alive and I feel like I am forgetting him because they are here and he is not.... Take care Shelley

Sometimes having other pets does take away a lot of the pain of losing one, especially if the animal was exteremely sick. Sometimes it's just a release knowing that Shamrock isn't suffering ... We know you love him. Grief with each loss can be different. I know I was really devistated when my first dog died and we were so miserable without her we couldn't wait to add another dog.

On the other hand I'm still heart sick over the death of my Zephyr. Even though we have another wonderful dog and added a new puppy to the household this past December. I still haven't gotten over Zephyr's death.

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for replying to my post, It is so very nice that people do actually care about what others are going through... I have tried to help others and I love when people help me in return.... Take care and God Bless you Shelley

Shelly,

Try not to be hard on yourself because you are not grieving the way you think you "should" be grieving. There are no shoulds in grieving. Perhaps it doesn't feel as bad because Shamrock is no longer suffering-as you yourself expressed. I'm sure he is missed, but you also have other animals to take away some of the pain.

It has been two weeks since my dear Shamrock died, I keep telling myself that it was for the best because Shamrock was so sick... Shamrock was a most beautiful parrot and I loved him so..... I am feelin guilty for not feeling as bad as I should because I have other animals that are still alive and I feel like I am forgetting him because they are here and he is not....

Shelley, I'm confused! In an earlier post, you told us that your parrot had died last June: Devastating News About My Dear Dog.

And in a post three days before that, you said that Shamrock was your brother's parrot: The Healing Continues

Is the Shamrock who died two weeks ago a different Shamrock?

Hi All,

The Parrot that died last June was my parent's parrot Shamrock, I loved him like my own... The parrot that died recently was my brother's parrot but seeing him all the time it felt like it was mine.... Sorry for any confussion Take care Shelley

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have lost in the past ten years three dogs, four cats, four hamsters, two fish, two parrots, one lizard, and one baby chipmunk... So when I am posting here I some times confuss the wording alittle so sorry but when you have lost as many pets as I have it is not easy to keep yourself from not going a little crazy... Take care Shelley