Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing My Younger Brother

Although I am glad to have found this website; which makes me feel not so alone, I am overwhelmed by everyones lost loves and I will pray for you.

My beautiful 23 year old brother passed away in a motorcycle accident this August. My mind constantly replays the early morning that the officers came to our door to notify us. The reaction of my parents overwhelms my heart. Andrew, my brother, truly spent his short life helping others as a police officer and volunteer for the Katrina relief. I am so proud of him...I hope he knows that. I have a nine month old daughter who has definately been my sanity, but, I am saddened by the fact that she will not know her amazing uncle.

Thank you for being here.

Jennifer

Hello,

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. He sounds like a wonderful person. If you havent already been to a grief counselor that can be really helpful, It just seems to help to talk about it. I find telling "my story" helps and it can be hard to find someone to talk to. My grief counselor told me that replaying the bad memories will dull in time.

This website can be quite helpful as well. I don't write very often but I read all the posts a couple times a day. I lost my dad in October, he was only 51.

Take care

Chrystal

• 4 weeks later...

I lost my 21 year old brother in a car accident on Nov. 25th. His name is Andrew also. I am in pain and I hope that someone can help me deal. He was so wonderful, outgoing, funny and full of life. He was a redhead and such a beautiful person. I still can't believe he is gone. I love him so much, and he got me through alot of tough times. I got married exactly a month before the day we buried him. I am so broken and my family is too. He was the baby, and we are heartbroken. we know he would want us to be strong and we are doing our best. It is just nice to hear that other people know where I am coming from and I guess I am looking for some people who can relate.

Love Sarah

• 1 month later...

I can totally relate. My younger brother, Tom 24, died on June 19th 2006. He was in a terrible car wreck. I too remember the police coming to my door and telling me to call my mom. It was very very early in the morning and we were all sleeping. I guess I didn't hear my phone ringing. My family is a mess and I am falling to pieces. Please feel free to email me anytime. I'd love to talk to someone that knows exactly how I feel. I've been to a group greif counseling thing, but it was hard for me to listen to people talk about their 90 year old grandmother that died and hear them ball and yell and say things like "I can't believe God would do this to me". It made me so mad! I just wanted to say...."Are you kidding me? 90 years old? Sick for the last ten years....and you are 'sad'? Give me a freaking break!!!!" I am just so shattered and heart broken and angry right now. I can't imagine my life without Tom in it. I don't want to. I know it is reality, but at this point I just don't have a grasp on that. I can't even look at his picture or think of him. It's just too painful. It still feels like a nightmare to me. Again, please email me if you ever want to talk. I'd love to talk anytime and I do mean ANYTIME day or night. amymspecht@yahoo.com

I will pray for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Jennifer,

You will never be alone here. My baby sister passed away November 5, 2006. She was one of ten of us and her loss has shaken all of us to the core. The family is a great comfort, but it seems sometimes like it is harder to talk to them. This group has helped me get through this pain that sometimes feels like it will never end.

Everything you are feeling is normal and just knowing that has been my greatest comfort. I am so sorry for your pain, but this is the place you can express anything you are feeling and have friends that will comfort you and listen to you.

I too replay the day of her death over again in my mind. I only cry on the interstate occasionally now, but that does not mean I miss her any less. It just means that life is moving forward and it takes me with it more often.

Take care of yourself and your daughter will come to know your brother through you.

Janine