Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hospice Memorial

Hi everyone,

On Sunday night here in Phoenix I attended the Hospice of the Valley memorial services they hold every year to honor our lost loved ones. The service was beautiful and the picture memorial brought tears to my eyes as I saw the picture of my loving sweet husband up there on that big screen. I thought he should not be up there with all those people who have died, he should be sitting here with me. It was a lovely memorial and I want to thank Hospice of the Valley for doing this great honor to our loved ones.

By the way, Dusky if you are still reading our posts on line, I did see your beloved Jack's picture and for a short moment he was remembered by a stranger. I say that because my husband always wanted to not be forgotten that he did exist here on earth and even if a stranger saw his name on a headstone for that moment he would be remembered. I remembered what Jack looked like from when you posted his picture here on this site several months ago.

Just thought you all should know what a great orginization this Hospice of the Valley is, I could have not gotten thru the pain of losing my Charlie without their help.

Thank you, Hospice of the Valley

Grace

ONLY YOU

7/1/38 -10/20/04

Grace,

I am indeed in the grief room - and read so many of the posts. Although I do not post as often as I used to - I still consider all of you my dear and special freinds.

I too attended the Hospice of the Valley Light up a Life Ceremony in Phoenix - What a special evening this was. Thank you for remembering Jack from the picture I had submitted on line. It seems that my zeal to remember him - and have those close to him remember him as well - has become my lifes work. All this and still trying to reshape a new life of my own - quite a task.

So - we all try to remember our lost loved ones. Life is after all pretty much like the closing lines of the essay by Michael Josephson entitled "Live a Life That Matters" - where he said in closing of his essay - in the end " What will matter is not how many people you knew, But how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone. What will matter is not your memories, But the memories that live on in those who loved you. What will matter is how long you will be remebered, By whom and for what."

I continue to foster Jacks legacy every day - by deed and action. I know you are all trying to do the same for your loved ones. The best gift we can give them - is to remember them and all they were to us.

Congratulations to Hospice of the Valley - They are all angels living among us.

Love

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack

I also attended the Hospice of the Valley memorial ceremony with my older son. It was indeed a truly beautiful thing. There were sooo many pictures. And did you notice the hush of the crowd during the picture presentation, aside from the sniffles that is. It was great to see my husband's beautiful smile flash across the screen.

They were so wonderful to me and Tom, I can never thank them enough. They helped him have the death with dignity he deserved. I'm hoping that by next year I will be ready to do some volunteer work for them. As John said "They are all angels living among us."