Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Awkward Moments

Princesskiki,

I have had people tear up and I usually tear up too. Aside from my immediate family I have never had someone cry, but I can only guess how that would feel. Trying to comfort them, while you feel they should be comforting you! Life is full of strange experiences, isn't it?

Hugs,

Shell

PrincessKiki,

Yes, that's how I react. I jump into this strong person who can fix the world. Then, when I am home alone, I fall apart. I feel the need to be strong for everyone else. What about us? I wish I had answers. I helps me just to know that they haven't forgotten about my Mom. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you've found this place also. It's a God send.

Missing my Mom,

Trudy

Hi Princesskiki,

I would like to say that I am sorry about your loss and if you need a listening ear I have two good ones.... I usually have it where people approach me and are feeling that I am being strong and they are trying to let me know it is all right to cry.. I usually do most of my crying in private away from friends, family and others.... Take care Shelley

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Princesskiki,

Last week at my therapists office, as I was crying, she started crying! It felt wierd because I need HER to be strong for me! She is such a wonderful person, but to be honest, I was a little bothered by it. I didn't know what to do...except cry along with her!

Lori

When I am talking to someone, they start to cry. I feel like they are letting me know it's ok to cry and let it out. They have already been through what I am going through. I don't have to stuff it back in. Those people who rub your arm and say "You'll get over it". You know, the ones you want to punch.

I guess this is just another point of how we are all in this together and yet we all grieve differently.

Missing my Mom,

Trudy