Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Daddy I Miss You

My dad was killed four years ago, i was 11 years old, im 16 years old now. Its the hardest thing ive ever been through and the hardest thing i think ill ever have to go through. He was killed in a car accident, we didnt really have a close relationship but he was still my dad. My parents had gotten a divorce when i was 3 and my brother was 2. My dad moved on he kinda got a new life new wife new kids. I saw him every one in awhile when he would call or i would decide to call which i regret not calling more. Ive never missed someone so much and theres so many unanswered questions that i wish he was here to answer. I love him so much and havent really been able to talk about it and needed to let it out...

I am truly sorry for your loss. It's hard enough being a teenager anyways and to deal with the loss of a parent must be so hard for you at this time in your life. I would give you a big if I could see you!

Have you thought about counceling? It may really help you to let it out with a "live" person as well as to post here.

My thoughts are with you.

Lori

Laurensftb,

I'm so sorry for your loss and the unanswered questions you are left with. That makes it harder. Is there any way that your mom can answer some of these questions for you? Maybe talking with her about your feelings would help.

Hugs,

Shell

I wish I could give you a big bear hug and you could let out your feelings all you want! I am a mom of 2 girls ages 24 and 20, so you being 15 isn't too far off for me to know how much it hurts for a young girl like yourself. I really feel for you. I hope you have good friends that are there for you. I'm sure your Mom loves you...don't give up on her yet. I pray that someday she can be there for you.

Love, Lori

Thank you its good to know that atleast someone knows what its like that i can talk to..i do i have like the best friend in the whole world..shes always been there for me, shes actually the one that made me go to his grave for the first time since the day of the funeral which had been four years so