Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Dad Is Gone...

Hi everyone,

I never thought my heart could hurt so much. My dad passed away Tuesday evening. I found out yesterday morning. I have never ever felt so much shock and pain before in my life. I cant believe he is gone. I miss him so much. Its so unreal. Even though I knew what was coming I could never, ever have prepared for what I am feeling. My mom and siblings are going to arrive tomorrow and the funeral next week. I can't wait to be with them. I look at pictures and I feel so numb and shocked...like its a terrible nightmare and I am going to wake up and be told it isn't true. I am glad I have this place to vent and get advice. How do you go on? How do you manage the unimaginable amount of pain?

Pebbles,

My deepest sympathies. You get through the pain one moment at a time. Just be easy on yourself and try not to fight the pain, just go with it. It will get "easier". I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Hugs,

Shell

Pebbles...I am so sorry about your dad. I know that you have posted here when he was still in hospice. Try reading back to some other posts and know that what you are feeling is normal. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Take care...Lori