Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Do You Think They Miss Us?

Kayc,

Thank you for the kind words, and for the message of inclusion despite my beliefs. I am new to this sort of community, and haven't looked elsewhere, but you seem to be on target with your description of the caring individuals offering and seeking support. I'm glad you took the time to respond--it had occurred to me that no response to my comments, specifically regarding religious belief, would in itself send a clear message. Now, it looks as if I must read the messages I respond to more carefully--above, I saw a crisis of faith in someone who has a great deal of faith...

Steve

You have a special way with words....that's great. I, too, feel that your religious beliefs belong to you and are not my business. I do have faith but I have a grandson and a son who are agnostic and I love them dearly and they love me. The religious part doesn't even enter into it. I hope you continue to help people here with your understanding and caring. Treat yourself kindly and we'll see you around here.

Karen

"above, I saw a crisis of faith in someone who has a great deal of faith..."

You did indeed see that...the same as most of us here have experienced. It is not uncommon for an event like this to shake us to the very core of our being, those of us who have always had great faith, suddenly finding ourselves questioning. In all, we usually come back to where we were, only having gleaned a broader perspective. Incidentally, faith is not always religion-based so our being shaken kind of goes without saying. It is not what we feel, it is what we act upon. A lot of us have felt suicidal at times, but we have not acted upon it, but instead given ourselves the chance to work through everything, with the help of our support.