Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thinking Of Deborah

Deborah...

I am thinking of you today .... wishing you well... celebrate the good memories of your dear husband...your friends really care about you....I know that I do. :)

I remember a Buddy Holly song called "Deborah" - I must try to find it!

Here's a song that says how I feel about my dear wife...I will love her forever and for all days.... I will be with her again.

Forever

We had a very rainy and windy weekend (remnants of hurricane Noel) and now its bright and sunny again. Bad times come and go - let's concentrate and remember the good times. I hope the sun is shining in your heart.

Oh Walt, what a surprise to see your post this morning! I miss you on this site. It was kind of you to remember my upcoming anniversary of Larry's death. As you well know, two years, has flown by and I'm still in a place of disbelief. Life will never be the same without him and I know that holds true for you and Jeannie. I can't say I've come to accept this and I would be lying if I said its gotten better. It hasn't, its just changed. I miss him more with the passage of time. My best friend, my one true love, I will forever love him.

Thank you again Walt for remembering. It felt so good to see your name and read your words, I miss you here and I think of you often. Deborah

PS if you find the Buddy Holley song, let me know!

Walt,

How sweet of you to remember...

Deborah,

Our hearts are with you as this time approaches.

Love,

KayC

... if you find the Buddy Holly song, let me know!

Deborah,

I looked in my Buddy Holly album where I keep my old 45’s from the 50’s, but Deborah was missing! I knew that I had that record, but it was gone. Fortunately my adult son was here and he believed me, so he looked in the record cabinet and found a single 45 in its paper sleeve. Apparently. I had removed it from the album when I discovered that Buddy Holly was not part of the Cricket group when the song was recorded in late October 1959.

The lead singer was Earl Sinks – who sounded a lot like Buddy Holly. I could not find the song anywhere on the internet, but here is my version of the lyrics:

Chorus Deborah.... Oh... Oh.... Oh... Oh... You’re so fine. Baby Darlin’...there’s only one girl in my dreams.... One girl on my mind.

Truly dear I do love you. Deborah – don’t make me blue. All alone the whole night through Deborah... I dream of you

Ch

I adore you, can’t you see. Deborah, I want to be. By your side, both night and day. Deborah, don’t go away.

Ch

It’s a short and sweet song – only 2.01 minutes long, but brings back sweet memories from the past. I feel strongly that Larry is watching over you today, as usual. :)

Walt, I can't believe there is actually a song named Deborah!! Never heard of it but I love the words!

Larry gets messages to me any way he can... so he worked thru you Walt! "They" are still with us Walt and that brings me alot of comfort.

Wishing you many more days filled with sunshine and thank you again for your kind words! Deborah