Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Katydid Saying "hi"

Hi Everyone, :)

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kay and I want to say thanks for sharing on this forum. Reading your posts has helped to ease my pain, know that I am not alone, remind me that I am not crazy.

I lost my boyfriend in January of this year. We were together several years - he wouldn't marry me because we found out early in our relationship that he had a diseased organ and only a few years left to live. He broke up with me as he saw his sickness progress, he said he wouldn't let me watch him die. He wouldn't have anything to do with me. I never got to say goodbye.

But I know he will be one of the people waiting for me when I go to Jesus. I can't wait to see him again. He was the love of my life. I loved him, I still do. :wub:

Anyway, that's my story and I appreciate the chance to be on such a kind, caring forum.

Hi Kay,

Glad you found us and welcome to this understanding and caring place to be. I am truly sorry what has happened to you. I can just feel that awful pain you're feeling, and you didn't even have much of a chance. He will always have a special place in your heart. I lost my husband just over two years ago...I still miss him and I always will. He was so extremely special to me and our life was happy, fun, laughing, everything. I have my home, dog, gardens, family, faith...all of the above to be thankful for. We'll all keep trying to deal with our losses, and I pray that your load will lessen and you'll remember some good times with a grin. Keep coming back and let us know how you're doing.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Kay,

I am so sorry for your loss.

My wife Linda died Aug 1. She was quite an animal person, and she observed something once that hadn't occurred to me. Often, when an animal knows it's going to die, it goes off someplace to be alone. It's instinctive. Sometimes people feel that way too ... maybe partly instinct, partly for other reasons. Even when they don't or can't go off alone, they may withdraw into themselves towards the end.

I hope you didn't take your boyfriend's need to be alone personally, even though it made things more difficult for you in ways. Dying is as personal an experience as grieving, and you are to be commended for allowing your beloved space to do things in his own way.

Best,

--Bob