Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Jury Duty

suzanne

Well if it could not get worse I have been called for jury duty. HELLO, I have lost the love of my life, my partner, my soulmate and I should be qualified to judge the outcome of someone elses life. I can't focus beyond my own lack of life. How do you make them understand? Supossedly your social secuirty number has your status and haa proclaimed you ""in behalf of the decesed". I will never understand the callousness of the government.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

If it's anything like the "jury voir dire" that I type up all the time in my home business of courtroom transcriptions, you will be asked a series of questions to see if you are able to perform on the jury. Just tell them what you've been going through and I'm sure they'll dismiss you. Just be frank and honest. If you still get chosen, try to think of it as your "civic duty" and just weather it out. It may take your mind off things for a brief period anyway. Hang in there.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Suzanne I had to go last year too during the summer, and I don't remember exactly when it was but at some point after Steve had passed I get something in the mail that HE was called for Jury duty ! Talk about upsetting ! I had to prove to them that he had really passed, so unfair.

Love,

Wendy :wub: