Grief Healing Discussion Groups

God Blesses Us All

I look at my mantel and I see my husband and the flag that rests behind him and know, "God Blesses." My husband will have been gone now for 3 years the end of July and I see his smiling face with the flag behind him every day and I love his pride of his country. I will never forget the Marines that nealt in front of me with his flag of his country at his memorial....never forget. I love my husband.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Karen how touching, as I laid in bed last night trying to fall asleep I glanced over at Steve's Urn and the electric candle flickering next to our wedding picture and had myself a damn good cry. I still can't believe this is final after all these years together, after growing up with him, getting married and having a family with him and buying our first home together, watching our oldest daughter getting married. We were robbed of our Golden Years together, becoming Grandparents together, retiring together... this is just not fair, not fair at all.

Love You,

Wendy

How wonderful that so many felt the greatness of your husband.

That he shared his love for our special home we call America is something I salute him for. And thank you, Karen, for letting us share in your pride of him. DoubleJo

We were robbed of our Golden Years together, becoming Grandparents together, retiring together... this is just not fair, not fair at all.

I couldn't bring myself to buy and read it, but tonight at the store I browsed through the new biography that is out on Christopher Reeve and his wife Dana. I was dimly aware that Dana (a non-smoker!) had fallen ill with lung cancer but I didn't realize she had died, and just 17 months after her husband, leaving a teenage son behind.

On her deathbed, still not giving up, she said that "there is fairness and balance in life".

I don't pretend to understand, Wendy, how someone can endure that sort of calamity and still feel optimistic. If I've learned anything, it's that god isn't a gentleman. Someone else, remarking on Dana's passing, told it like it is: life isn't fair, but sometimes it's brutally unfair.

I wish I had Dana's equanimity. Or my wife's. I don't.

On the other hand I have done my best to let it go, because I'd go mad if I didn't. And I do find to my surprise that letting it go can be done independently of having all your questions answered or all your wrongs righted. But it sure is easier said than done.

I'm sorry for your loss. No, not just "that" one but the day to day, hour to hour loss ever since.

Peace to you,

--Bob