Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Recently Lost My Husband

Tears

Hi,

This is my first visit to this site. My husband died July 25th of cancer. I took care of him for months hoping he would get better. We lived in Arizona and when he passed I had 11 day's to move out of our rented home. I did not work and we survived on his ss. I am originally from GA. A friend flew out to help me pack and sell everything I could to get back. It was very hard and I cryed at nights when we finally stopped to rest. I am back in GA living with my daughter and the impact of his death has hit me. I am scared, hopeless, sad and lost all at once. These feelings are not new to me for I lost my last husband of 19 years but it so different. I keep thinking I am on vacation here and he is still in AZ and I wait for his phone call. I some times wish I would just go to sleep and not wake up. I know I need to find a job for I have no money but it is so hard to function. Does any one have any suggestions.

Tears

• 1 month later...

Dear Tears,

Be gentle with yourself. You have a lot to deal with. I thought I was doing pretty well until I camped very near the place we lived for seventeen years. The flood of memories came rushing back and along with it the loneliness. We were only at our present home a few years when my husband became ill and died shortly after. My friends are not "our" friends and the memories are all new. I'm also in need of a job, but just the thought of working full time overwhelms me. If you can, take time for yourself. Focus on finding a good support group. From what I can tell, this is a good first step.

Kath