Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Missed You All

Guest moparlicious

Guest moparlicious

Hi All,

Sorry I have not posted in some time, I have been very very sick. I got some virus and I am going on my third week of being ill, I went to the dr.,have a breathing machine(for treatments), and got some medicine. I have not been sick for 3 years.I also have been so depressed lately. With these upcoming holidays I just seem to cry all the time. I am going to my brothers who is here in Phx for Thanksgiving, but everyone has someone(spouse, etc.) Dan loved this holiday and being with family, he was so family orientated. Even though he has been gone 14 months, this feels like my first holidays without him, I was too numb too feel last year and now I really feel. I miss him so much and I am so sad he is gone, I am trying to stay positive and focused but my yo yo days are becoming more and more.The" You light Up A Life "through Hospice of the Valley is coming up and I was able to get my pictures in of Dan, but of course some family members are squaking at how they did not get their picture in, well if they would stop delegating me to do everything they would be happy at their own choices and stop blaming.Anyways, today at the zoo is the run for lymphoma(as some of you know, my sister in law is fighting for her life everyday with this disease) I am still sick and unable to attend this event.I don't have energy to do much, and see who my real friends are. 2 people have called and offered dinner for the kids and to help clean my house. So appreciative.I have had night terrors and leg cramps very often, I wake up screaming at the top of my lungs and my legs cramp so bad I have to get out of bed, don't know what this all means, hopefully nothing. Just wanted to tell you all I love you and I care about you all. Love, Kim

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear you have been so ill. I thought you hadn't posted because things had maybe gotten better in your life. Now I'm going to be upset when people that were here when I first came aren't doing so well when they don't post for a while. We just can't take things for granted.

You said it was a virus so that means antibiotics don't work and it basically has to get better on it's own time. Are you feeling better at all? I'm glad your friends are coming to help you today.

I don't remember if you said you worked somewhere or not. From the sounds of it you probably wouldn't have been able to go to work, if you did.

This is when it hurts to have "far away friends" as Teny puts it. You know that some of us would be there to help if we could.

I hope you recover soon. Rest while you can.

Kim IM so sory that you have to go trough that but I wanted to remind you that in my 15 months I also got pneumonia and was at hospital for 10 days and got andi biotiks for 8 weeks after.We get so depresset and our body complains its own way.Hope you soon get better Im glad that we dont celebrate thanksgiving in Greece so I have only next months holidays to get over.It is sooo hard for every one here today is my weding aniversary and I dofeel ful of tears.Thinking of you.YOUR far away friend >TENY

Oh Kim, I am so sorry! Thank God for the two friends who DID make offers! How is this impacting your job, your finances? I can't remember how old your children are, are you able to care for them, are they old enough to help you? Is the night terrors part of the illness or a side effect of a Rx? Isn't there anything they can give you to calm you, to relieve your leg cramps? I hope this passes soon. We love you and wish you the best possible recovery.

Teny,

My thoughts are with you today, I know your thoughts are with Yianni, as they always are. Please remember that your love and relationship go on, even while death has brought about a different state of being...I still think of George on our anniversary and know that our love is forever and has not stopped. Mere death cannot destroy what love has built. I wishg I could say Happy Anniversary but I know that wouldn't resonate very well, I know it is not happy when you are apart, but I do pray for peace for you today.

I send my love and hugs to you both,

KayC

Guest moparlicious

KayC and Mary Linda and Teny,

I know with a virus you cannot have antibotics, I have cough medicine w codeine, I just am not getting any better. As far as work goes, I did have a job but think I already have another too much time off, but I am so weak I can barely do anything.I do have children who go to school and work they are helping as much as possible.I thank God for the offers from my friends!!!! My finances are terrible and I was just getting back on track, ugh pure frustration.The night terrors I don't know what they are from????? I don't want to take any medications for I think shrinks are so eager to shove pills down your throat and I would rather work through it then be a zombie, numb, no feeling, that sucks!!!!! Anyways, thanks for all caring and your support, hopefully I can post soon with good news and being well.

Teny, I would like to start out by saying Happy Anniversary to you I know you are seperated in wordly matter but not in heart.I know how your heart breaks for your Yiany and I know he is with you. Celebrate, release a balloon to Heaven, light a special candle, sing him a song or do whatever your heart feels. I love you Teny, I hope for peace today for you my special friend!!!!

I love you all, KIm

I know this gets away from Kim but Teny, know how sad I know you must be. My first anniversary without Tom was 2 1/2 weeks after he died. It was terrible and I think I was still numb then so I can't imagine this next Feb.

I know it says loss of mom but if you'll scroll down to the poetry forum there is a poem that I posted a while back that I really think could apply to anyone. Maybe it will give you some comfort and then go and embrace your family if nothing else.