Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year Later

Hello, I'm new to the site. My mother passed away last year on January 31st of lung cancer. January 25th was the last day my mother was lucid which I guess is why I'm posting. My mother was diagnosed in December of 2007 and passed away the following month. I had a very difficult holiday season and apologized often to my children because all I really wanted was for the holidays to pass. I talked with my sister earlier today and she is meeting with my brother and father for dinner. I live in a different state so I don't have the family support my siblings do. I needed to get this off my chest, thanks to this site for offering me a place to vent.

Feb 2 will be a year since my mom passed. I can't believe time has passed by so quickly. It doesn't seem right or fair that life goes on without her. I am not thinking of ending my life, don't get me wrong, it just seems that because she was my life for 56 years and now she is gone. My life goes on and so does everyone else's. Just doesn't seem right somehow.

She died at 11"34 a.m. so we are all meeting at the cemetery about 11 to bring her flowers so that we can be with her at the time of her passing. We were all with her when she left us on that rainy day and want to be with her on the exact anniversary.

I love her so much and miss her more and more with each passing day.

My prayers to all of us.

It has only been 8 weeks since my mom died. She also died of lung cancer. She was dx in July 2007 and went through treament. She was NED until this August when they found a tumor in the brain. She died December 2, 2008. The holidays are pretty much a blur. I think we were all so numb still. I just can't believe that a years time does not make it easier. I know I will always miss my mom. I talked to her everyday and I guess I am just in shock still. I know most people will lose a parent at some point, I just didn't think that I would lose my mom at age 40. She was only 62 and it seems so unfair.

Thank you both for replying, it is comforting to know I'm not alone. My mother was only 58 and had such a difficult life. She really deserved so much better. This is one of the times I wish I was a person of faith, it might ease some of the pain.

Deb, that is very sweet of you and your family to deliver flowers to your mother. I also think of my mother often. She influenced me in so many ways that it is hard not to think about her.

Kate, time heals all wounds. Typically when I feel really down I spend more time with my children. Their vibrance and good nature usually picks me up.