Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom's Death Anniversary Coming Up In A Month

STARKISS

Hey All,

As some of you know it will be four years next month that I lost my dear mom... I am all ready feeling sad and depressed about it and it is not even the month of it yet so who knows how I am going to feel when it actually happens... I tend to think of them most at bed time, I think that is because I loved their hugs and it was the most favorite part of my day with them... Anyway I just need vent a little so I did thanks shelley

• 3 weeks later...

Hi In Need Of An Angel,

Thank you for your reply, As the month gets closer more of my memories come out...I remember things that I thought I have forgotten and things that I thought I would always remember I have forgotten... I know the month will be rough but hopefully we can help each other get through it... Take care Shelley

Shelley, dear ~ Have you thought of anything special you can do to remember your mom and honor her memory on that particular day? If so, would you be willing to share your plans with us? Maybe some of our other members could share their own ideas here with you . . .

Hi Marty,

The first anniversary I lit a candle and said a prayer... The second anniversary I let balloons go and said a peom I wrote about her... Third anniversary I completed a special scrapbook and shared it with the family and some friends... Now that the fourth year anniversary as it arrives I think I should do something special again but have not decided on what the special activity will be... Watching one of her favorite movies, eating at a special resturant where she liked to eat or singing a favorite song... I will share it with you when the day comes closer... Thanks for caring... It would be great to share our special ways of sharing the anniversaries of the deaths for have in our lives... Thanks for listening Shelley