Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Well i haven't been on because i am in Atlanta for the week visiting my daughter and son in law. He graduated from the Police Acedemy yesterday i was so proud of him,but afried for my daughter because i keep thinking what if something happens to him it is such a dangerous career...I did ok on the trip i cried a little when i left phoenix than i was ok my daughter and i have had a lot of time to talk about her dad and she misses him just as much but she has alot of things to keep her busy she said she wished i would cry so much but she understands...Today we are just sitting around watching tv and talking tomorrow we are going on the boat i hope i can go out without another panic attack...I am so tired of these attacks i keep thinking there has got to be something i can do to stop them but i don't know what...I still try to get out a little so coming to Atlanta was a big deal all the kids at home are so worried....

I'm sure you are tired with your trip and busy schedule. Its been my experience with grieving that we don't realize just how much strength and energy it takes to endure. Thats why I always encourage those early in their grief to rest, REST, rest even if you don't feel like it. It has a way of catching up with you, I know from experience. I have had the panic attacks for awhile and I can't say for everyone but I do take an antidepressent and it helps somewhat. Each of us has to decide the best way to cope with them. Stress and exhaustion are part of the problem. So if you can, please try to take care of yourself and let your body heal more. I hope this helps. Deborah

Hi Lucia - - I just wanted to say that I believe that Larrysgirl is right. Rest helps. And plenty of it. I lost my husband almost four months ago and I am still having panic attacks. It is what I imagine PTSD must be like. I had to take my cat to the vet yesterday, and I had one right in the vet's office. I had to go outside until I could compose myself. It seems that the littlest thing can trigger it. Sometimes it doesn't take anything at all and there it is. I also am taking some anti-anxiety pills (under a doctor's watchful eye) and they seem to help a bit. Everyone is different, but you might ask your doctor about it.

I hope that you can eke some enjoyment out of your trip to Atlanta. I visited family shortly after Stephen's passing and it helped - - a lot.

Take care and please keep letting us know how you're doing.

Kathy

It helps to hear from others that are going thru the same thing maybe i'm not crazy...My daughters father in law took us out to dinner and i did real good i am so happy with myself i didn't have one panic attack, i did get a little anxious for a few min.but amazingly i was fine and i did have a good time