Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Widow's Voice

A new blog from Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation:

Seven widows, seven days, seven different perspectives on the journey of widowhood. This is a place to hear other widow's voices,discover the power of your own voice once again...and to find comfort in the fact that you are not alone: http://www.widowsvoice-sslf.blogspot.com/

thanks for posting this Marty. I already follow this blog and it's very good. Michelle Hernandez (the President of Soaring Spirits - I think!) contacted me the other day via my blog, to ask if I would be willing to be a "sister-widow" to another widow in the UK and I have agreed.

Also, I have asked her to let me know details of the next Soaring Spirits Conference in 2010 ... I wonder if yourself and others from our Grief Healing family would be interested in going as well, and meeting up - it would be so good to meet face to face.

Boo:

I would be at least interested in hearing the details - something to think about, for sure.

Korina

here is the link for information on this year's conference so that you can take a look:

http://www.sslf.org/conference.html

One of my blog widow friends attended and said it was very inspiring and a powerful experience to stand in a room with so many other people who "get it" and who are in the same place as you.

Michele has promised to email me information for 2010 as soon as it is finalized.

I am certainly planning to go with DavidsGirlStill :-) ... so if anyone else registers, please let us know!

Boo, dear, please feel free to post any information you think would be helpful to our members ~ You know that I check out everything that's posted on our site anyway, and I certainly know that I can trust your good judgment. I appreciate very much your willingness to prowl the Internet looking for treasures, just as vigorously as I do :blush:

As for my attending the second National Conference on Widowhood, that will very much depend on where it's being held, and when . . .