Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Scream

valley

I scream. I live where I can and no one can hear me. Sometimes it feels so good. I found myself screaming a lot today, just getting out the sadness I feel. I scream because Tom should not have died in a fair world.....or the way I see it. He was one of the really, really good people who actually helped others and believed in people and gave freely of himself for no profit, just to help out. I yell and scream for him, for the unjust nature of life. What a great old man he could have become, a lesson to people, a friend to people, a kind and gentle soul.

I love you Tom. I hope you can hear me. But more, I hope you can feel my love.

Valley

Well, Valley, you know where I stand on this (LOL!). I do the same thing, it's the quickest and most primal way to get out what I'm feeling. When I went to see my doc for my annual, he said that Joe's personality and actions had a ripple effect. I believe the same of Tom; everything he did, everything he stood for, is not in vain. It lives on in those he touched, and I'm sure they are better people for knowing him. I'm sure! Hugs, Marsha

Valley,

I can tell you many, many years ago my grandmother use to make me scream to the top of my lungs to release the stress when my Dad passed. I had stopped that until my David passed on, now my car has become a scream chamber. It does help! No, this world is not fair. There are so many horrible people who live to be very old and then so very many who are good and upstANDING AND BROUGHT HAPPINESS to everyone they knew and WHAM they're gone.

If I didn't believe with my heart and soul that they can hear us and feel our love, I would lose my mind.

Phyllis

Phyllis

Years ago when a friend's 16 y/o son died I was asking the same question as to why some of the yucks live and the good people who may have done something in this world die. The priest I was talking with said to look at it as the one we loved had already done their "good work" not that they couldn't have done more but maybe God needed a clown, accountant , nurse, etc. In the same token God wanted to give the others a chance to some day be with Him in heaven also and so he was going to give them every extra chance he could. That has always helped me keep things in perspective until now when I really miss Tom but I do know that God wanted to keep him out of trouble because he could be so onery.

I hope maybe this helps you.