Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of Younger Brother

DebbieP

I got news Sunday morning from the Texarkana, Arkansas police that my younger brother passed away in a motel room. They told me he had kidney problems, which the family didn't know about. The police also informed me that he had been living in a homeless shelter, which I also didn't know about. I also found out that our uncle passed away back in 2006. Needless to say I got a boatload of good news Sunday. Talked to the coroner Monday afternoon, and of course he said we need to take care of the body immediatly. Can't stay at the morgue.

Needless to say, I'm still in shock since he was almost 49 years old.

Debbie, dear, I'm so sorry to learn of the sudden, unexpected death of your brother ~ and of the news that your uncle has died as well. That is a double blow. Please accept our deepest sympathy, and know that you are being held in gentle thought and prayer. I know that this forum sometimes does not receive the attention that some of our other forums do, but I hope you still can feel our collective arms around you. You are not alone on this difficult journey, and I hope that you will feel welcome here. Please share the details of your stories of loss with us, and tell us what was special about your brother and your uncle.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

I got news Sunday morning from the Texarkana, Arkansas police that my younger brother passed away in a motel room. They told me he had kidney problems, which the family didn't know about. The police also informed me that he had been living in a homeless shelter, which I also didn't know about. I also found out that our uncle passed away back in 2006. Needless to say I got a boatload of good news Sunday. Talked to the coroner Monday afternoon, and of course he said we need to take care of the body immediatly. Can't stay at the morgue.

Needless to say, I'm still in shock since he was almost 49 years old.

Debbie, thank you for your condolences. Mine are sent out to you as well. Wishing for breaks of contentment and peace during these times.