Grief Healing Discussion Groups

First My Mom, Now This......

My Mom's husband who is like a Dad to me got diagnosed with stage 4 Lung Cancer today. My Mom hasn't even been gone 3 months and I'm barely surviving that loss, now I'm so scared about the future for my Dad. I'm worried he'll be in pain. I don't even know if he can do treatments because he's much older than she was so he's already weak. I just feel so awful. I'm here with him and I will take care of him unless I start to need help, then we'll get a nurse. So far he seems fine and can take care of himself.

I just don't know what to expect and I'm scared he'll suffer. I love him and don't want anything to happen to him. I can't believe this is happening again, so soon after my Mom. I try to live in the moment but it's very hard to do that.

We are getting a second opinion next week.

Dear One, I'm so sorry to learn that you've been hit with such devastating news about your dad, especially now, in the wake of your mother's death. Please know that, whatever lies ahead for you, we are here for you ~ and when you feel ready to do so, I hope you'll explore some of the resources listed on our Care Giving page . . .