Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thanksgiving Blessings

Good morning my friends,

As we head into this Thanksgiving holiday, I lift each of you up in my prayers. For some of us this is the first holiday to be spent without our beloveds. I have no doubt it will be difficult but I trust that God's loving arms will be wrapped around us as we face the challenges of the day. I am heading to the beach with my son in the hope that the ocean will help me find a new peace for my soul. There is something about the vastness as well as the ebb and flow of the tides which is soothing to me. I want to spend some time thinking about the many memories Brian and I made in the presence of God's awesome creation.

Over the past few weeks I have been searching my soul to discover the many ways which God is blessing me even in this time of great sadness and loss. I discovered I am thankful for the many friends who have offered love, support, and comfort--some I have know for years and some I am just starting to know better. I am blessed with the gift of memory for I will never forget the special way that my soul is connected to Brian's soul. I am thankful for the healing nature of tears which allow me to grieve my loss and express the emotions and feelings which continue to overwhelm me. I am thank for my son, for Brian's children, and for Brian's grandchildren. He will live on in all of our hearts. I am thankful for my cats, Angus and Maggie, for they offer quiet comfort and even laughter. I am thankful for God who is large enough to accept my anger, my doubts, my questions, my love, my prayers--and still offer never-ending grace and love in return.

And, my dear friends, I am thankful for the love, encouragement and support offered right here on this forum. Surely God is moving among us as we reach out to one another and share our losses, our struggles, our tears, and our comfort. I wish that I had come to know each and every one of you in a different time when we could share laughter, joy and smiles. But, I am blessed and honored that you have allowed me to enter your grief journey and that we can walk through these shadows together. May you all find some solace and peace during this holiday weekend.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

Linda,

Reading your post reminded me of my favorite poem. John Borroughs wrote:

"It's been my joy in life to find

at every turning of the road,

The strong arm of a comrade kind

to help me onward with my load.

And since I have no gold to give

and love alone must make ammends,

my only prayer is while I live,

Lord, make me worthy of my friends."