Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thanks To Friends

Guest Bozena

I got through last night with friends I have only known for a few years..a small dinner get together..today I went to a couple I have known for 48 years...each was helpful in it's own way...the new people distracted me to a point, the old friends talked about Irving and really shared my pain..along with a very nice dinner. Bozena

I have learnt so many lessons through the loss of my husband. I have learnt what you have....the length of friendship does not mean that they care more or know how to support you more. Some of my friends have exceeded any expectation I could have had and some have so disappointed me in their ability to read what I need in some pretty dark days. Therefore I gravitate to those that can read my feelings or who I trust my feelings with. While many were there for me in the first month as time goes by so do they. Some people don't know how to establish a new reltionship with you when you are no longer "a couple". Xmas Eve was a tough day to get through regardless of who I shared it with as I am sure it was for you. One foot in front of the other.............

I have found myself drawn to certain people right now too. Just like you said, it is amazing who is by your side. Those we think will be, are not or can not. Those we think won't stay by us, do. And I do believe God sends us others when we need them most. Honestly, I do think about those who have let me down, but I really try to be grateful for those who have not left my side. Don't really want to add bitterness along for this journey. It's hard though. Right now for me its family, aunts, uncles, cousins, and a very few friends that really know me. The kind that see the tears behind the smile and understand. And of course my family here. There is a bond with others going thru this and those are the people I feel the most comfort in being with. Blessings Debbie

I, too, have learned the only way to navigate through this great loss is by relying on God and some really good friends. Although I know that my family members all love me and want to be supportive, I feel like they don't know what to do or say around me. I guess we're working through it but it take a lot of my energy. My very best friends are comfortable talking about Brian, sharing my tears, and holding my hand. This is a great comfort and blessings. I am also blessed by each of you. The knowledge that you understand and the fact that we can share open and honestly is a gift for which I am extremely thankful. I pray that we are all able to find moments of peace and to know that we are wrapped in the loving arms of God.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

I am thankful I found this site....because you can feel like what you are experiencing is only happening to you. The friend and family thing has been one of my biggest disappointments..I will try harder to focus on what I do have..a few good friends that guide me through this horror. I have a son who will listen to me anytime but I don't always want to because I know he worries about me. I have two good friends that don't live here but we have visited and talk on the phone often and I have two good friends here that always want to know how I am doing....and are there for me. I have sold m y house and moved into a condo and I believe God has sent me a friend here who has been wonderful. I find it is a trust issue as well....I ask myself who do I trust with my feelings....and it is guided by what has always served me well ...my intuition. I hope 2010 brings us all some peace and a better way to move forward.