Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sunrise

derby

Good morning all,

Just wanted to share how healing and powerful the sunrise is for me. It was something I started to appreciate while staying with my husband for 3 weeks at hospice. Weekends are the mornings I get to enjoy it and its represents a promise for me. The promise of a new day, the hope of eventually a new life down the road, the fact that there is a heaven and a God that loves and cares for us and our loved ones. Even as the hurt is still overwhelming at times, and the reality of this situation comes and brings me to my knees, it is a very special time of the day for me. I wish you all the beauty and healing of opening your hearts to the many possibilites that lay in our lives and in our hearts. Blessings my friends. Debbie

Thanks, Debbie.

I need to remember to take time for myself; even those small breaks can set the pace for an entire day. I'm glad you have found an outlet to rely on.

Peace to you this morning,

Kath

Debbie - A beautiful post.. I love sunrises, and since I open my deli at 6:30, I'm fortunate to see them every morning. Every one is different - and this time of year the skies turn a brilliant red and blue as the sun comes up over the ocean. Every morning I stand outside the back door, watch, and say a silent prayer of thanks. Even when Joe was sick, he would take his old pickup and drive the quarter mile to the beach access and watch the same thing. I like to think he's watching with me. Hugs, Marsha

Thanks Debbie for this post. I am going through the stages of grief after the recent loss of my father in November. Thanksgiving was hard, Christmas was better. I got through the crying, but am now really angry. But the anger lessens when I write about it or talk about it. I have severed a relationship, and am now wondering if I need to rethink that. Your post reminds me that even through all of this there is still a promise of better times ahead. I don't get on my knees enough, that's for sure. I too enjoy nature and it's healing power. Those special times that i can be kind to myself is a real blessing. Thanks for reminding me of that. Renee

Renee,

Thank you for the kind words. I really do try to stay connected to God, with God as it is my belief I have his work to do. There is so much power for me in that. I realize if I don't have quiet moments for reflection & inspiration, I carry extra burdens and worries. Doesn't mean I don't, just really try to be thankful for the abundance I have. Not always easy during this journey, but oh how I try. Blessings, Debbie

Renee, about the severed relationship....listen to your heart? Would that help you make a decision? Is the person someone that you would like to be a part of your life? Can they accept the "new person" you are? Just some random thoughts for you to think about. Hope they help. Peace, Debbie