Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi Everyone, How was your day?

Exactly,

There are people who don't understand. Who tells someone that, "They are young enough to find someone else" after such a HUGE LOSS?...I think some people just talk to hear their own selves...

So Here is another one for you all...

...On the same day I read the entry from (I believe Susie Q) about being young enough to find another person....I was privileged to speak to an acquaintance on the phone and it goes like this....

..I had heard that this person lost someone that they knew so I offered condolences and then she asked me if my husband had passed recently so I said, "Yes" and the conversation headed this way...

She started to say, "You" and then changed it to "I" (her), "Need to Thrive to be more positive because you never know"?...

"Ok" the lights start flashing.. First of all, "I Do Know"! "HELLO"....and yeah I get your "underlying" message....

...I AM NEGATIVE....I thought just being able to get out of bed and put on clothes today was a positive move...but guess I am wrong...Then I was enlightened with the words that this is going to be a better year..."Ok" I'll play along....(really just want to hang up on her at this point..but do want to be considered a negative person)...

..So I talk about how in the summer my Husband and I find trails to walk with with our dog and that it will be hard to do by myself... but thank god for the "Devils Advocate" and am told I can join a Hiking Group to share in my joy of the outdoors!... "Ok" (again)...I didn't say I was a "Professional Hiker" just that we liked to walk with our dog....

..I can see it now...I am climbing the "Peaks" with a group of Twenty to Thirty who dedicate their lives to doing this...They are making ground on that Mountain...Here I am.. Huffing and Puffing and lagging behind and calling up every Five minutes or so... "Just keep going I am Fine"!! and our Dog is running in every direction peeing on everything....It sounds relaxing to me...Thank God for Good Advice!..

..Forgot to ask before we hung up if there was a Blueberry Picking Group...

....I am trying to find some humor in this because I haven't laughed in months...My Husband and I laughed alot and I miss it so much....

I agree with so many entries on this site and it has helped me so much...

also...I have noticed I have become, "One of those people", Spend all day talking to myself now!

Love and Peace,

Babs

ps. Dusky...going to try to write a book but don't want to sign it..Disorganized Mess with Dementia Who Talks to herself Lady.....

...We all have something worth saying and our Partners are saying, "You Can Do It"!

sounds like my day was better than yours.....went to see the torch running through my City.....phoned someone who was referred to me because she just moved into my condo and lost her husband in August............I try everyday to be "normal" but no matter what I miss my husband and don't know how to really live without him. Love your posts ...I can totally relate. My best one was when I phoned to cancel one of my husband's cards after he passed away and the idiot on the other end of the phone who was acting like a robot said "I can't take instructions from you due to he privacy act can you put your husband on the phone"....................OMG it took me months to phone back and take care of it.

Today I watched helplessly as my neighbors lost their house to a fire. They were not at home and they lost their l year old Jack Russell puppy. Somehow holding Linda in my arms made my loss somewhat insignificant today. My tears today were for Linda and Mark. Mark who has been so helpful plowing my 75 foot driveway during the recent snow storms, and Linda who was at the door the first day I was home from the hospital bringing a huge wicker basket adorned with bright ribbons and filled with homemade muffins and breads. They are neighbors of only 6 years but the home is considered a total loss. Standing there watching their home go up in flames was devastating and me reaching out to help them in their time of anguish and feeling helpless. I've shed no other tears today but for them. God hear my prayers this night for Linda and Mark. Please pray for them. Thanks Judy