Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Well day after tommorrow will the Feb the 18 1 year since I lost Ben and I have been so sad since Sunday I keep crying and my baby girl was coming from Ga for the Annivarsary we are going to say a Rosary and have a pot luck to remember him it is a family tradition that we have done since I can remember for family memembers we have lost...But due to wheather my daughter has not been able to get home doesn''t look like she will be able to make it which makes me sadder...I can't believe it has been 1 year since I heard his voice since he held me in his arms and so many other little things I even miss him getting mad at me because he didn't want to take his meds....my granddaughter sent me a poem she had written about him and the tears started all over again just when I think i can do this something else reminds me of him

Hi Lucia.....I am sorry for your loss and so sorry your daughter can't be with you. Today is my birthday and in 8 days it will be the 1 year anniversary of my husband's death. I too am so upset as the day draws near so I understand your pain. My Granddaughter is only 20 months but she picked out a Tinker Bell balloon to give me when my son went to get me flowers today. I remember my birthday last year and what my husband gave me and how I made a comment about him not wrapping it................crying is so exhausting but it is all I can do...I am with you as your day draws near and I will pray your daughter gets home to be with you.

Dear Lucia and Sharon

I'm thinking of you both as you struggle up to these hard days. My hope is that you both will be able to find some part of the day when you also get some comfort from the wonderful times you shared with your loved one. Memories will never be enough, but it's all we have now to cling to.

I pray you both will find strength during this anniversary; I bet your guys will be there with you both to help you through these days.

Take care,

Korina

Thanks everyone for your comments..Well tommorrow is 1 yr and last night one of our dear friends called me as I have talked about here before Ben was very active the the Farmworkers Union and worked closly with Cesar Chavez, Ben used to help our Friend every year organize a rememberance program for Cesar's Birthday I think I have told you before that Ben wanted his services at Santa Rita Center in Az..which is where Cesar had his longest fast in 1972 and Ben was there for that,The Building is not in the best condition but thanks to my kids and God we were able to have the services there...so our friend Jose called and wanted myself and the kids to help with this years celebration so we went to the meeting and I thought that it would be difficult for me because i had not been thers since last year and it is the day before the annivarsary and amazingly I felt good a few of our very close friends were there and we started talking about things that we did as young adults and than we all started to talk about Ben and amazingly it gave me such peace...I felt so proud of my best friend Ben and my son was with me and I could tell that he too was very proud of his dad and on the way home he said to me that he never realized how involved that I had been in the Union and civil rigths movement until today because he always heard the stories his dad had told him and he said" I don't know where i thought you were at during this time and today I finally realized that you were right there next to dad with all of and I am so proud to have you as my mom and to have had the honor of being you and dads son" It made me so happy and now I know that I am going to be alright and I know Ben is with me...I also know that tommorrow will be very sad all this week has been sad but I had the honor of having the most wonderful husband that anyone could have asked for...