Grief Healing Discussion Groups

1 Year And So Many Changes

It's been a year and so many things have changed in that year...But I think I have finally decided what to do...not a day goes by that I don't miss Ben, some days I cry all day,some days I am angry at him for leaving me so early, and some days I think about how much he suffered..It has been a very confusing time for me...I went from caring for my husband the past 5 years as well as caring for my grandchildren to been all by my self and not having anyone to care for...now my children want to care for me which is nice but not what I want...I want to care for myself and live my own life....So I have been offered an opportunity to Live in Atlanta Ga where I would be near my baby girl whom I miss so much...Her mother and father in law want me to live with them and work with the mother in law ...so I have decided that in 2 weeks I am going to fly over there and spend some time with them and see how I like it...I know that I will miss my kids and grandkids but I am only a flight away!!!I can fly free so that would not be a problem...This is not permanant now but may be...please let me know your opionion as I am scared to death of change...wish me luck

Lucia - - I am so glad that you made it through the anniversary of Ben's death. That one year mark was one of the hardest for me to bear, even though every day is hard.

I think it's wonderful that you are going to go to Georgia temporarily to see if you like it. I thought long and hard about moving to Ft. Worth to be near Stephen's family, but finally decided to stay here. Our loves will be in our hearts no matter where we are. I wish you the very best. Just remember to take care of yourself.

Kathy

Lucia

It seems like a sensible plan - to try before you do something more permanent.

Your Ben would want you to do what feels right for you - that's what true love means and I know from your posts that's what you had. How wonderful that your daughter's in-laws have offered you this opportunity.

You sound excited at the prospect and that is something that we lack (and miss greatly) when our life has been devastated by a terrible loss - the days can seem endless and the future bleak.

You asked for opinions so I would say - trust your instincts, make no promises to anyone, keep your own counsel for a while and decide in the end what will be best for you. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Best wishes...Susie Q

Lucia:

Only you will know if such a change is right for you. I think it is a very good idea to try it out before making any decisions.

All the best!

Korina

Hi Lucia,

I think the first year after we have lost our loved one is one of the hardest time we will ever have to go through.We have so many mixed emotions and we are not always sure if the choices we make are the right ones.

I think you are being very smart by trying the move to Atlanta for a few weeks.

Trust yourself. You will know what is best for you.

Good luck.

Mary Lou