Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Michael became an angel on 2/1/10 after a 2 week struggle with lung cancer with mets. We had to move suddenly in December and Michael did it all himself (he was a big guy). After we were in our new home he started experiencing abdominal pains in the lower left quadrant of his abdominal area; he thought he had pulled something while moving. the pains just got worse and on January 19th he went to see his doctor at the VA. they did a CAT scan of of his abdominbut it caught enough of his left lung where they could see the Ca tumor; he was admitted that same day and never came home again. The next day or so the mass was biopsied and lung cancer was determined. During the following days it was also determined that the cancer had also spread to the liver (he was not a drinker). Becuase of the liver involvement the cancer was untreatable and Michael was given 4-6 months to live. He was supposed to come home 2/1/10 but he took a turn for the worse that day and died that evening in the hospital. Myself and his 2 sisters ,from out of state, were with him when he passed.I miss him very much, he was only 57 years old.

MAM

MAM,

I am so sorry for your loss of you beloved Michael. My husband, Pat was complaining about back and hip pain which we attributed to all the manual labor that he was doing around the house i.e. cutting down a tree in the yard. We ended up in the emergency room back in September 2008, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer that had spread to the bones. It was everywhere. He responded well to the treatment for the first 4 months and then he started to decline. He lost his battle June 23rd, 2009. He was only 61 and I miss him with all my heart.

Just remember you are not alone and we are here for each other. I find it very comforting that there are people that really understand what I am going through. Come here whenever you need to talk to someone. There is always someone here to listen.

Take care,

Kat

Kat,

Thankyou for responding; it is always hardsest for those left behind to pick up the pieces. I am sorry to learn of your loved one's demiss,but your loved one IS in a better plac

e- everyone keeps telling me the same and I know it is true but I still hurt as you must

MAM

Im sorry for your loss it is so simmilar to mine.We also had to move to anew house and Yiany had the same pain like Michael after doing alot in the house .He went to see his doctor and was admitted to the hospital.every day was worse with no hope .it was lung cancer spread to the liver .he was gone in 10 days.I he was a big guy also.I can feel your pain.Do you have family? do you have children? Love and support from close family helps.I think of you from far away .TENY

Thankyou Tanyy\

My typing on this key board is not very good. I am learning how to drine (Michael a;ways drve) sssnd and I am still trying to get our//my finances in order. It hurts so mich at times I feel likle giving up but I know I can't; I must go on

MAM

Mam:

You are going through such an awful time (here, we all have), and it is so hard to get through each day. It must sound like a cliche, but it really is a roller coaster of emotions. I can be fine (relatively speaking), even enjoying myself, and then BOOM, it hits.

I just concentrated on getting through each day (still do), and let myself experience the pain. I believe we have to feel the pain to acknowledge our love, and to learn how to live in our new reality.

Take care,

Korina

Mam,

I'm sorry for the loss of your Michael. Please keep coming here, it's good to get it out and not hold it in. This is the one place that is safe and people understand.

Thanks to all who have responded to my post concerning the loss of my beloved Michael; it DOES help to know that there are real people out there who know what I am feeling.Again I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

MAM