Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Not Sure Where I Belong...

I'm new to all this. I'm not sure where to turn. I met with my grief counselor thru Hospice today and he tells me I will feel better but it takes time. I have no one who can relate to my loss. Watching my fiancee , age 47, take that last breath and not being able to help him live disturbs me. We were going to be married on June 7th ...thats 3 days from today...the pain in my heart is fierce and my family suggests moving on keeping busy, yadda, yadda...they just don't understand. ?

Guest Robert27

I would like to just say I am so sorry for your loss, and I truely hope things in time get better for you,

Welcome to the boards, there are all kinds of nice and Careing people here, just know we all Care,

Hi Deb, You are in the right place and I can relate to your loss. I cry so hard sometimes I think my body is going to come apart. I too watched someone I loved more than anything on the face of this earth take the last breath. I had to beg her to stop, she had been suffering for days and would not give up. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. This has haunted me for weeks and I have also been having a hard time. I've heard every standard issue answer from from family and friends about time, healing, keeping busy, moving on and so on. All I have to say about that is you just don't know anything about this feeling until it happens to you. I have been blessed with a really good counselor that seems to be helping me through the grief. So far I feel like I am moving in the right direction. I am starting to feel slight relief from some of this for very (short periods) of time. At this point I'll settle for anything other than the way I have been feeling. Hang in there Deb, stay close to those who truly say things that help you feel better.

BW

hi Deb,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved fiancee. I can't relate specifically to that but I can tell you this site is great for support from the most caring people in the world.

Maybe post in the loss of spouse/partner section of this site also and you may find kind people who can relate somewhat. Your pain and grief is unique to you, nobody will ever fully understand exactly what you feel but maybe some can relate a little and let you know that you are not completely alone in how you feel.

I wish I had words of comfort, I just don't think there are any but I can send you some love, hugs and peace.

niamh