Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Song On The Radio

This has been one heck of an emotional day. We went to pick up Larrys ashes, got back into the car and turned it on. The radio was on and the first song, from the start is Johnny Mathis and the song is Smile. It was so unexpected and got to both of us, neither one of us wanted to mention it, but at the end of the song I turned to Bill (Larrys "adpoted" big brother and best friend and asked him if he was paying attention to the song. He had tears in his eyes-I was crying. It was just so...I don't know what to call it. Im sure everyone has had something like this happen. I just needed to share.

Wendy

I have told this story before here. When my dad died in 2004 I thought I had signs that he was still with me. I was so worried that I wouldn't have a sign from my husband after he passed. The day that I was to go to the funeral home to make the arrangements, I got in the car and on the radio was our song. I took that as sign from him that he was ok and that he was with me. Sometimes when I am having a difficult time the song will come on the radio while I'm at work. One night my emotions were all over the place. I couldn't stop crying. The following morning I got up feeling alittle better but not great. I got ready for work and got in the car. I couldn't believe it but when I started the car the song was on the radio. Needless to say I had a pretty good day after hearing it. I felt that he was still looking out for me. Coincidence, maybe? But I truly feel that this was a sign.

Take care, Kat

There is a Wilson Philips song "hold on" that was popular in the 90's when my dad was dying. To this day I have to get out or ear shot of it or I will start bawling. I have hurriedly dressed to get out of a dressing room, gotten off at the next bus stop, just plugged my ears to get away from it. It doesn't comfort me at all. I hate it.

I'm glad you have a song that comforts you.

I too have had signs, some that I can rationalize to coincidence, but most of them I feel have special meaning.

Korina