Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Last night was so strange. After being here alone for 4 months now last night I was woke up cause it felt just like when Ray was here before he had to go to the hospital. The bed felt like when he would toss and turn and I heard his voice. I Pet the covers and said it's all ok. It stopped and I got up and turned on the light and that side of the bed was all still made. Checked where the cat was in case he had been on the bed, but he was sound alseep in a chair........ Figured out that even in the middle of the night he let me know he was with.. Actually it felt so good I fell asleep agin.

My sleep used to be my solace but now I keep having the most frustrating reoccurring dream. I dream that Ajay is just injured from his motorcycle accident and that there is still hope. I dream of myself praying my heart out by his bedside for his recovery and my heart seems to well with hope. Then either when I wake up or just before, I realize that he was killed instantly in the accident and he's gone and there is no hope of him coming back. It's painful. I hope maybe someday my dreams can be more of a comfort like yours. A few days after the accident I did dream that he was holding me and that actually comforted me and was not painful. Hopefully in time most of my dreams about Ajay will be less frustrating and more peaceful.

Marion Claire - what a wonderful, fantastic dream. Undoubtedly he was comforting you.

Jennalee, particularly in the early months (and still occasionally) I would have very screwed up dreams of Scott still being alive. Very disconcerting when you wake up - another punch in the gut. I think it is only natural as our pysche is so messed up. But I am happy to report that I also, a few months out, had a dream in which I believe Scott came to check on Kailyn and to let me know he was all right. I was much comforted.

Korina