Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Life Without Your Love...

On the way home from the grocery store I was talking to my daughter in the car when I burst into tears. She asked me what I was thinking about....I told her that I can't imagine my life without Jeff. I HAVE been living without him for the last two months, but I still can not IMAGINE life without him!

I understand exactly how you feel. It was unimaginable to me that he could be gone so permanently from my life on earth. I think it is why I wanted to die for so long. It was just too hard to picture myself without him. I thought there were times when I was really going crazy because I could not get my brain to wrap around the idea, even though I knew it was true. Even after a year I struggle understanding who I am supposed to be now and what I am supposed to do with my life. When life feels a little like it used to before he died, I often get a jolt of reality and burst into tears. It's like I forgot for a whole hour that he was dead and then it comes blasting back.

Hi Cheryl, I'm sure we can all relate. My car seems to still be a catalyst to tears and great fits of bawling my eyes out. I'm lucky I haven't been in an accident and I greatly regret buying a Nissan Cube i.e. it's an odd looking vehicle that people stare at and nothing like bawling your eyes out having stranges peer into your car... Take care, Deb

I too understand exactly how you feel. I lost Mike on January 13th, and logically I know he is gone, but there are times it just still overwhelmes me, and I cannot comprehend that he will never be here again. It is just so hard to imagine the future without him in it, but that is the road I am on, and none of us really have a choice. It is just so hard sometimes.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

I am so sorry. There is no easy way through this journey. I hope you feel us all bearing down with you as you continue on this journey.

Blessings, Carol Ann

I often still sit there, not really believing Scott is truly dead. And that is after a year and 3 months.

Korina