Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What To Do

I am thinking about moving back in with my parents for a while till I get things somewhat situated. Before nick passed I was a house wife and I am having trouble affording our apartment. It is hard to find a job without any experience in anything. I also dont think I could leave nicholas he has been my rock he keeps me going. I just do not know what to do, I never thought there would be a day I would not have nick to take care of us. I miss waking up cooking him breakfast making his coffee, and his call at lunch time and the hugs and kisses when he got home. I can not sleep at all at night without him next to me. I just do not know what to do! my life is a mess!

Depending on the relationship you have with your parents and how supportive they are, it could be a very good idea. Only you know the answer to that. I wish you well in your decision!

You are smart to realize that there are limits to what you can do. I have read several studies about the importance of role models in our children's lives. The family unit being the primary source for both support and guidance for kids. The more "normal" you can make his family life the better. I applaud your choice to look at the options available to you. I also miss being my husbands wife. I loved cooking for him, being his girlfriend and having a tradional marraige. So many others don't appreciate what they have!

So many others don't appreciate what they have!

Amen to that!

Amen to that!

Ditto!!

My parents just recently sold their house in Saskatchewan, and once some other financial affairs are completed, they will be moving out to BC and we will be moving in together. We decided there was mutual advantage. First of all, I have rediscovered, since Scott's death, just how important family is (Scott was my family for 20 years). Second of all, I want to have family around Kailyn as she grows up. This is good for her, and good for me, both from a support and financial perspective. Of course, they will love being with us as Kailyn grows up. And finally, the climate is BC is much easier for my parents to tolerate, as my father in particular has health issues. Of course, we run the risk of being together too much, but if we choose our new home wisely, with a layout that allows us our own 'space', I believe things will be just fine.

As previously mentioned, this option depends on your relationship with your parents, but is really nice to have that option. I too, wish you well in your decision.

Korina