Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wedding Annivrsry

It has been a little over five month since I lost my husband. Yesterday was our 12th wedding anniversary. I have had a very painful week. Yesterday and today were really bad. I went out to dinner with my best friend last night; but was on the verge of tears the entire time. I am so glad I was able to spend tme with someone, but she has never lost a loved one and really cannot relate to what I am going through. It has been such a painful day, I have not gotten anything accomplished. I feel so lonely and I miss him so much. I just don't know what I am suppose to do to make the pain go away. I want to sleep; but I know if I let myself sleep too much it will only make matters worse. Does it ever get any better? Will this pain ever end?

Redwind, yes it gets better. We will always miss them, but we do get better at coping and the intensity of the earlier pain gradually lessens to something more doable. I'm sorry you're in so much pain, I wish there was a way around it or a way to escape it but alas, there is no way but straight through it. It helped me so much to get it out, to talk to people about him, to write to him, to use art to get my feelings out, to make a collage honoring him. I have always felt him cheering me on when I attempted to do something out of my comfort zone, I feel like he's still here, and he is, he's in my heart so I carry him around with me.

There really is no way to 'get rid of the pain', but it will become manageable, and you will survive.

Korina