Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Feeling Giddy

kath

Okay, it took me until 2am, but last night I created a profile on a Catholic dating site. I really just hope to find a male friend to talk with and laugh with. I don't have a lot of time to devote to a relationship, but it's a start. I honestly never thought I would get to this point, and the kids are not thrilled about it, but it makes me giddy thinking of the possibilities.

Good for you. Just be careful and do a background check before meeting anyone. For your kids safety if they're young and for yours. I may try again. I was scared off but never bothered to actually meet the two I spoke to for a couple months. Something wasn't quite right. You do have something to offer someone. Life is not over. Just changed. Linda Kay

Good for you Kath...there is nothing worse then being alone but be careful...there are some really great people on those site and i know that for sure that is were i meant Alex and we have been together for 19 months and are now living together and are engaged to be married next summer...so see you can find love online ......gail :wub:

Thanks, Gail. I'm such a noodle, you know. I recognized a man from my church (that I didn't know was single) and debated if I should send him a message. When I finally got the courage to go for it, I found out I have to pay for message privileges, so all I could do was send a "smile" emoticon. I feel so 2nd grade! As I am trying to ease into this whole thing (it's been 30 years since I last "dated") I don't want to sign up for the whole program. I'll just keep looking and thinking until I can take the next step. Like I said, I am such a noodle!

You really sound great, ya know! I couldn't be happier for you, Alex and your kids.

I was talking to a friend at work and he asked if I was ready for this on-line thing. My response, "Well, the thought of it doesn't make me want to puke." He laughed, but that's where I'm at. How's that for growth?

Hello Kath..if you are looking to find a site online that is free there are a few...i found Alex on plenty of fish.com..i was like you Bruce my late husband and i were married for 30 years and had 3 wonderful kids..so i know how you feel..oh and it was my daughter that talked me into trying online dating..well good luck and let me know how it works out for you.......gail :wub:

• 7 months later...

Hello Kath..if you are looking to find a site online that is free there are a few...i found Alex on plenty of fish.com..i was like you Bruce my late husband and i were married for 30 years and had 3 wonderful kids..so i know how you feel..oh and it was my daughter that talked me into trying online dating..well good luck and let me know how it works out for you.......gail :wub:

Hi Gail,

Just when I didn't think anything would happen, a spark ignited. We've been emailing and just started to talk and think about meeting. Poor guy, there are 11 guys at the office that strut around like big brothers trying to protect me. I laughed and said we should meet on the patio at work so they can intervene if needed.

I was worried about how my children would react. They're both teenagers, now. They are afraid that because he contacted me on-line, he might be a mass murderer. Very wise, my kids. They are reminding me to take precautions. Valid point.

Kath